Re: NOT Condolences

  • R. M. McKinney
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2001
      Hello All --

      Thus far, I have only read these posts for my own education about computer-
      and NoteTab-related matters and have never had a reason to send a post.
      However, I cannot remain silent any longer.

      I agree wholeheartedly with Adrian Worsfold though I regret that his words
      were apparently misinterpreted by at least one reader.
      The quote:

      "Note, however, that all things do not work together for good for everyone.
      If you are not a Christian, you can find no ultimate hope or solace in a
      tragedy like the one we have just experienced."

      was copied exactly from the web page pointed to by Jody's link and were NOT
      Adrian's words.

      I am glad Christian beliefs bring comfort to Jody and untold numbers of
      other people. However, I was left breathless by the arrogance and the
      enmity toward non-Christians the quoted statement represents. This is not
      an example of the ideal of Christian love that I have heard about all my
      life. It is insulting to so many and on so many levels that I would not
      take the time to enumerate them in this forum.

      Yes, this forum is indeed becoming too Off-Topic. Can we not come together
      in this horrific circumstance without such exclusionary and divisive
      sentiments intruding?

      Rose McKinney