vote: software powertools

  • ::Andrew::
    • steveadausa@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2001
        Hi Andrew,

        1) the BEST file manager: Windows Commander
        super customizable like NTB. I launch all
        my apps with it.
        http://www.ghisler.com/

        2) the best command line shell, command processor
        and batch file language for Windows:
        JP Software's Take Command32
        http://jpsoft.com/

        See ya,
        Steve Adams
      • ::Andrew::
        • acummings@snowcrest.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6, 2001
            At www.leanware.com

            I'm yet to try out their Backer

            may have had good rating on Zdnet downloads

            Alan.
            > One thing I'm really looking for is a good sync software. Powerdesk
            > does it and so does system commander but neither I believe allow you
            > to save settings. The files I'm syncing are often in different
            > folders, etc etc and once I've set up the 'mega' sync I'd like to be
            > able to come back and do that same sync each time. I haven't yet
            found
            > anything that does this well. Anyone have any ideas?
          • Scott Fordin
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 6, 2001
              FileSync from FileWare (http://www.fileware.com/) is quite nice...

              Regards,

              Scott

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 9, 2001
                  Cool! It sounds interesting, so I just subscribed. Thanks
                  very much for letting me know about it, Andrew.

                  Best regards,

                  Scott