Re: [NTO] Fw: [NTB] NoteTab Light 4.86 pre-release

  • Rick Friedline
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2001
      At 09:27 AM 9/2/01 -0500, Harvey R. Savage wrote:

      > > Anyway, if you're looking for a good editor running on DOS maybe
      > have
      > > a look at the TDE maintained by Jason Hood.
      > >
      > > http://www.geocities.com/jadoxa/tde/index.html

      Since 1994 I've used a shareware DOS text editor called QEdit. Written
      in assembly language it is only about 70k in size but very powerful.

      In trying to track down this software I found that they still sell the
      same version I own (2.15) and have upgraded the product to a more
      advanced DOS version and a Windows version (neither of which I care
      about.) They have also changed the name of the program to SemWare
      Editor Junior (DOS) - it can be found at

      http://www.semware.com/html/tsejrfl.html

      which is the features page. This program includes Macro and Block
      operation features, as well as an integrated Spell Checker. Worth a
      look ...

      It's a bit pricey at $49, but if you work in DOS a lot I believe it is
      worth it ;-)

      HTH someone ...

      Rick Friedline