Re: [NTO] Fw: [NTB] NoteTab Light 4.86 pre-release

  • LaurieK
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2001
      > While on the subject of dos text editors I have to recommend VDE,
      > a free WordStar clone with great Fkey macro capability. If you
      > consider downloading then also, download the macro-converter.
      >
      > http://members.aol.com/wolffsoft/vde.htm

      OOOOoooo HAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRVEY, be still my heart... such a TREASURE
      TROVE of stuff...

      I got it all.... can't wait to play.

      after other things come first that is... I've got a huge undertaking going
      on right now with my web stuff and well other lessons which both are on the
      front burner right now but I gotta say, you are after my own heart.... I
      LOVE THIS RESOURCE!! Thanks!!!

      DOS RULES!! :)

      Laurie
    • Rick Friedline
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2001
        At 09:27 AM 9/2/01 -0500, Harvey R. Savage wrote:

        > > Anyway, if you're looking for a good editor running on DOS maybe
        > have
        > > a look at the TDE maintained by Jason Hood.
        > >
        > > http://www.geocities.com/jadoxa/tde/index.html

        Since 1994 I've used a shareware DOS text editor called QEdit. Written
        in assembly language it is only about 70k in size but very powerful.

        In trying to track down this software I found that they still sell the
        same version I own (2.15) and have upgraded the product to a more
        advanced DOS version and a Windows version (neither of which I care
        about.) They have also changed the name of the program to SemWare
        Editor Junior (DOS) - it can be found at

        http://www.semware.com/html/tsejrfl.html

        which is the features page. This program includes Macro and Block
        operation features, as well as an integrated Spell Checker. Worth a
        look ...

        It's a bit pricey at $49, but if you work in DOS a lot I believe it is
        worth it ;-)

        HTH someone ...

        Rick Friedline