Re: [NTO] Re: Calypso free?

  • Marcus
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1, 2001
      On 31.08.01 at 12:06 Andy Young wrote:
      >Hi,
      >I downloaded Calypso. I thought there was a lot of good things about
      >it. I was wondering though ... I am I right in thinking that you can
      >only have one filter for each folder (mailbox)?

      I think you are looking for "filter definitions". Each filter can have
      as many definitions as you like, afaik. I define one filter and place
      all my definitions in there, by right-clicking on the email with "add
      to filter" and filling in the info. It makes sense this way because
      each account then has a set of definitions in its filter which apply to
      it. You can also select that same filter for any other account.

      Each Mailbox can have many accounts. Each account has one default
      "Filter" which runs at startup.

      The Junkyard is a separate filter for spam, which you can run before or
      after the other filter. Make sense?
      The filters are very configurable.

      Marcus
    • Steve Howes
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 1, 2001
        Also look at the "switch to filter" and "continue filtering" options in filter modification dialog.

        LnL,
        Steve - Cheltenham, UK

        On 31/08/01 at 19:21 Steve Howes wrote:

        >As I understand the setup you have a set of filters for each mail account.
        >
        >LnL,
        >Steve - Cheltenham, UK
        >
        >* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
        >On 31/08/01 at 12:06 Andy Young wrote:
        >
        >>Hi,
        >>I downloaded Calypso. I thought there was a lot of good things about
        >>it. I was wondering though ... I am I right in thinking that you can
        >>only have one filter for each folder (mailbox)? I use 15 different
        >>folders in Outlook and some of those folders have 15 or more filters
        >>which send email to those files. Thanks
        >>Andy
      • Marcus
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 1, 2001
          On 31.08.01 at 21:54 Melvin Woody wrote:
          >Can you say how this compares with Pegasus? Nettamer?

          Nettamer looks like a very different kind of package, being a
          collection of DOS based tools.

          All the top email programs should be roughly the same in stability and
          speed (?). Beyond sending and receiving mail, it's all about mail
          management and how that is done. I tried Pegasus and Eudora last year,
          but didn't like them more than Calypso. No doubt, both programs are
          very good. I'll take a look at some others some time. I think it's all
          a matter of personal preferences.

          All the more reason to keep recommending our various favourites to each
          other so we can try them out.

          Marcus