Converting Help Files to Documents

  • LaurieK
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30, 2001
      Jody wrote in the Note Tab group...

      Ask on the OffTopic list (or write me private eMail) and I'd be
      happy to tell you of a freeware utility that will change *.hlp to
      *.rtf. From there you can go to .doc if you want, but the .rtf
      can also be read by other editors.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30, 2001
        Hi LaurieK,

        You're a good sport Laurie! See my last post to Mars:

        Re: [NTO] Re: [NTB] How to use "Help?"

        >Jody wrote in the Note Tab group...
        >
        >Ask on the OffTopic list (or write me private eMail) and I'd be
        >happy to tell you of a freeware utility that will change *.hlp to
        >*.rtf. From there you can go to .doc if you want, but the .rtf
        >can also be read by other editors.
        >

        >==========================
        >
        >I'm asking.

      • Horst Nogajski
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31, 2001
          At 31.08.2001 04:50, you wrote:
          >Jody wrote in the Note Tab group...
          >
          >Ask on the OffTopic list (or write me private eMail) and I'd be
          >happy to tell you of a freeware utility that will change *.hlp to
          >*.rtf. From there you can go to .doc if you want, but the .rtf
          >can also be read by other editors.

          >Laurie wrote:

          >I'm asking.
          >
          >Laurie

          And the rest of this Mail was:

          So,....
          I'm asking, too.

          Please, can you tell me where I can get this Freeware-Tool to converting
          *.hlp to *.rtf???

          Best regards,
          Horst
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 31, 2001
            Hi Horst,

            Here's two links...

            Manfred Winterhoff has written a nice help decompiler
            called HELPDECO. Do a Google for helpdc21.zip, or get
            it here: <http://www.wextech.com/helpdeco.htm.>http://www.wextech.com/helpdeco.htm

            or at <http://www.notetab.net/zip/helpdelco.zip>http://www.notetab.net/zip/helpdelco<http://www.notetab.net/zip/helpdelco.zip>.zip (216KB)

            These are some Clips I play with to help you get started. I
            normally have to search for the converted file. I've had the
            thing for a number of years and never took the time to figure out
            who, why, what, where the converted file is saved at. ;)

            <--- Copy below this line --->
            H=Help Delco
            ; Last Updated 08-30-2001, Sojourner@..., jody
            ; Reference HELPDECO.TXT for command-line switches. There is German
            ; and English combined in the same help file merged together.
            ; one long line below
            ^!E:\NoteTab Pro\Documents\Help\Help2Rtf\HELPDECO.EXE ^?[(T=O)==E:\Help\NoteTab.hlp] /r

            H=Help Delco 2
            ^!E:\Help\HELPDECO.EXE ^?[(T=O)=E:\Help\Notetab.hlp] /r /s 1

            <--- Copy above this line, right --->
            <--- click over a Library, and --->
            <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

            >>Ask on the OffTopic list (or write me private eMail) and I'd be
            >>happy to tell you of a freeware utility that will change *.hlp to
            >>*.rtf. From there you can go to .doc if you want, but the .rtf
            >>can also be read by other editors.
            >
            >>Laurie wrote:
            >
            >>I'm asking.
            >>
            >>Laurie
            >

            >And the rest of this Mail was:
            >

            >So,....
            >I'm asking, too.
            >
            >Please, can you tell me where I can get this Freeware-Tool to converting
            >*.hlp to *.rtf???
            >
            >Best regards,
            >Horst
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=207641.1565480.3121573.1269402/D=egroupweb/S=1705007389:HM/A=765263/R=0/*http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=b153340270003000>

          • LaurieK
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 31, 2001
              Hey Sport!!

              I softa already figured that out :)

              thanks....
              I may not know/understand clips yet but I'm NOT as dumb as I look/sound
              <grin>