[NTO] Re: AppBar

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 1 9:16 AM
      Hi Carl,

      >Nope... different critter; if you want the install zip file, let me
      >know by private e-mail cswann@... and I'll send it to
      >you (less than 50kb).

      Thanks for the offer! Got it here, thanks Jody.
      >http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/zip/appbar.zip (35.9kb)

      Ray
    • Carl Swann
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 1 9:20 AM
        Lloyd wrote:

        > Could you please send me a copy of the Application Bar.
        >
        > Thanks in advance.

        Jody has a download link for it:

        http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/zip/appbar.zip

        > This is the third time I tried to send to your address on the message, so I
        > will also send it to the list.

        The list chopped off part of my address, which is
        cswann@... (note *2* N's in swann)

        oOOo-(_)-oOOo
      • Carl Swann
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 1 9:25 AM
          Jody wrote:

          > AppBar...
          >
          >Carl, when you tried a shortcut you
          > must have goofed.

          Must have; I made a shortcut for the Startup folder and it works fine.
          Thanks! Hallelujah!

          Thanks for posting your download link:

          > http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/zip/appbar.zip (35.9kb)

          oOOo-(_)-oOOo
        • Lloyd
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 1 9:52 AM
            Carl,

            Got it now. Thanks.

            Lloyd
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 1 10:46 AM
              Hi Ray,

              >Thanks for the offer! Got it here, thanks Jody.
              >>http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/zip/appbar.zip (35.9kb)

              You're welcome.

              It is basically a plain Jane app, but that is the way I like it.
              It is a bar sort of like the Windows Taskbar, but with no icons.
              It looks and acts like a regular menu bar in a program. You add
              main menus of programs to launch and then below the main menu the
              programs in the menu for each. So you might have menus called:
              Applications, Bible, Browsers, Fookes, Image, etc. I keep mine
              on top and auto-hide. You can double click on existing items in
              Edit... to edit that particular item. You can add &shortcuts,
              but mine don't work in Windows 98 until after I give it the focus
              by clicking on one of the main menus.

              See ya in the funnies!
              Jody Adair

              Clean-Funnies
              mailto:CF@...?Subject=subscribe

              Proverbs 15:15
              you missed a good joke!
            • Raymond Fitzgerald
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 1 10:52 AM
                Hi Jody,

                >It is a bar sort of like the Windows Taskbar, but with no icons.
                >It looks and acts like a regular menu bar in a program. You add
                >main menus of programs to launch and then below the main menu the
                >programs in the menu for each. So you might have menus called:
                >Applications, Bible, Browsers, Fookes, Image, etc. I keep mine

                Can't wait to try it at home tonight! But I'm wondering, especially now that
                we have the clipbar, what's the difference between AppBar and creating the
                same thing for ourselves in NoteTab? In fact, I know for my coworkers I'm
                going to add my "Programs" clip to the clipbar and probably enhance it a bit
                (there's no menus/submenus, only a list of program names).

                Cheers,
                Ray
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 1 11:24 AM
                  Hi Ray,

                  > Can't wait to try it at home tonight! But I'm wondering,
                  > especially now that we have the clipbar, what's the difference
                  > between AppBar and creating the same thing for ourselves in
                  > NoteTab? In fact, I know for my coworkers I'm going to add my
                  > "Programs" clip to the clipbar and probably enhance it a bit
                  > (there's no menus/submenus, only a list of program names).

                  Well, for starters, the AppBar is always there, mine when I move
                  the mouse to the top to take it out of autohide (which takes a
                  bit to get use to that way because of it dropping down when you
                  don't want it to like when you want to click an "x" but we
                  learn...). On the other hand you have to be in NoteTab to use
                  Clipbar. Further more, you can pull down a menu a click on the
                  name. Icons to not always tell all - we have to memorize them.
                  Tooltips take a bit longer to read and scroll through.

                  On my 15" at 600x800 30 icons is about max before wrap with no
                  keyboard shortcuts. The Clipbar is great, and for launching
                  NoteTab stuff quickly, yes, add an icon for it there. At the same
                  setup above one can get about 20 main menu items across the bar
                  in AppBar depending on what you name them. Each menu can hold,
                  oh, perhaps 30 items, again with shortcuts if you wish. So,
                  using my calculator in my NoteBack Library whilst I am here in
                  Eudora it says that 20*30 = 600. (grin - I love my toys) So, you
                  can have about 600 shortcuts on one tiny tucked away app that
                  takes a little bit more of space as 30 icons for your Clipbar.

                  Bye for now,
                  Jody Adair
                  Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                  http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                  http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
                  http://www.sureword.com/notetab
                • Julie G
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 1 11:44 AM
                    At 12:25 PM 02/01/2000 , Carl Swann wrote:

                    >> http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/zip/appbar.zip (35.9kb)

                    Hey thanks! That's a neat little program :-). Not too bad to set up when I
                    go into the folder view of Start | Programs and click on Properties for
                    the paths. I figure I'm about halfway done....... I've already deleted the
                    icons off of the Win98 QuickLaunch toolbar. What a way to spend the first
                    afternoon my kids have been back in school for a week <G>.

                    Maybe I won't go 'nomail' right away on this list <G>.

                    Julie in MD
                  • Lotta
                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 1 11:47 AM
                      Hey, that sound good. Can anyone send it to me, please?

                      PBrowse
                      If anyone is interested I have a small (107Kb zipped) freeware, PBrowse, that is very usefull for keeping track of your images. Run it in any folder containing images and it will create a HTML file listing all gifs and jpgs in that folder for easy viewing. It will print img names but not, I'm sorry to say, sizes, under the pics. It's in swedish but there is only to buttons...Good thing to have when your lazy and have a short memory. Want it? Send me a mail.

                      Lotta
                    • Raymond Fitzgerald
                      Message 10 of 24 , Feb 1 12:21 PM
                        Hi Lotta,

                        >Hey, that sound good. Can anyone send it to me, please?

                        This is from Jody:
                        http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/zip/appbar.zip (35.9kb)

                        >If anyone is interested I have a small (107Kb zipped) freeware, PBrowse,
                        that is very usefull for keeping track of your images. Run it in any folder
                        containing images and it will create a HTML file listing all gifs and jpgs
                        in that folder for easy viewing. It will print img names but not, I'm sorry
                        to say, sizes, under the pics.

                        Now that you've got NoteTab, it's time to wean you from some of the others!
                        ;-) Go to the built-in Utilities clip library and run the "Images to HTML"
                        clip. Does everything you described plus image sizes. And of course being a
                        clip, you can modify it to suit your own requirements. Eric's actually got
                        two programs that also do this--the older freeware HTML Imager and the brand
                        new Album Express!

                        Let us know how ya like it!

                        Cheers,
                        Ray
                      • Carl Swann
                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 1 12:27 PM
                          Julie G wrote:

                          > At 12:25 PM 02/01/2000 , Carl Swann wrote:
                          >
                          > >> http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/zip/appbar.zip (35.9kb)
                          >
                          > Hey thanks! That's a neat little program :-).

                          Glad you like it!

                          > Not too bad to set up when I
                          > go into the folder view of Start | Programs and click on Properties for
                          > the paths.

                          An easier way is to get CopyPath, a freeware utility that adds "Copy
                          Path" to your right-click menu; when you right click a file, it copies
                          the full path of that file to the Clipboard. Once CopyPath is
                          installed, you can locate the program file of each program you want to
                          add to AppBar (either via Explorer or the Browse button in the AppBar
                          config) and then right click it to choose CopyPath. Then go back to
                          the AppBar config and paste it in the window. Voila - the full path
                          for AppBar to read! CopyPath is a very useful utility... here's the
                          download link:

                          http://www.fullvb.de/soft/data/copypath.exe

                          oOOo-(_)-oOOo
                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 1 2:13 PM
                            Hi Lotta,

                            >Hey, that sound good. Can anyone send it to me, please?

                            http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/zip/appbar.zip (35.9kb)

                            >If anyone is interested I have a small (107Kb zipped) freeware,
                            >PBrowse,

                            Have you tried Eric's HTML Imager v1.2a - freeware:

                            http://www.fookes.com/
                            http://www.fookes.com/software
                            http://www.fookes.com/software/html-img.htm
                            http://209.238.49.160/software/htmimg32.zip (209kb)

                            Or the Shareware version, Album Express 2.0:

                            http://www.fookes.com/album/index.html

                            >It's in swedish but there is only to buttons...Good thing to have
                            >when your lazy and have a short memory. Want it? Send me a mail.

                            Sure, mailto:kjb1611@... or just upload it somewhere. tanX!

                            Two buttons shouldn't be hard to figure out even for this ignernt
                            hillbilly. ;)

                            Happy Camper,
                            Jody Adair
                            Prov. 15:15

                            Message 13 of 24 , Feb 1 2:43 PM
                              Hi Carl & Julie,

                              > CopyPath is a very useful utility... here's the download link:
                              >
                              > http://www.fullvb.de/soft/data/copypath.exe

                              That's another goodie I use all the time, seems about daily. I
                              almost forget it is not Windows. :)

                              It will copy the paths of a whole directory too if you want or
                              just some selected files.

                              Here is the actual site, but it is in German. I did not see an
                              English button:

                              http://www.fullaccess.de/

                              Julie,

                              You mentioned going to Properties, etc. AppBar has a Find
                              (browse) button to go the the app itself to add it. It always
                              opens in the C:\ drive though so you need to use the pulldown to
                              switch to another drive.

                              1. Left click to focus and then right click over AppBar
                              2. Choose Edit menu ...
                              3. Click on a menu on left or add one, New Menu (double
                              click to edit menu)
                              4. Click on New App
                              5. Click on Find.

                              Message 14 of 24 , Feb 1 5:18 PM
                                At 05:43 PM 02/01/2000 , Jody wrote:

                                > > CopyPath
                                > >
                                > > http://www.fullvb.de/soft/data/copypath.exe

                                >You mentioned going to Properties, etc. AppBar has a Find
                                >(browse) button to go the the app itself to add it. It always
                                >opens in the C:\ drive though so you need to use the pulldown to
                                >switch to another drive.
                                >
                                >1. Left click to focus and then right click over AppBar
                                >2. Choose Edit menu ...
                                >3. Click on a menu on left or add one, New Menu (double
                                > click to edit menu)
                                >4. Click on New App
                                >5. Click on Find.

                                Thanks Jody... Since Windows so kindly puts everything in the Programs menu
                                upon installation, I always group the apps to my liking (although I have
                                clips to most everything I use all the time!). Browsing to the executable
                                seemed more tedious then alt-enter'ing on the shortcut in the Program menu.
                                I found that by adding programs from the properties in the Programs...
                                folder, the path is already highlighted, I can copy and paste the path,
                                and then the file name, and all the programs are all ready grouped the way
                                I like 'em, so it's minimal fuss to organize (for me at least). CopyPath
                                was very helpful for the smaller programs that weren't in the Programs...
                                folder. Had a hard time trying to figure out what the readme file was
                                saying though ;-). I then took all my Captor group clips from NoteTab and
                                put them in their own file menu.

                                Julie
                              • Julie G
                                Message 15 of 24 , Feb 1 7:59 PM
                                  At 08:18 PM 02/01/2000 , Julie G wrote:

                                  >saying though ;-). I then took all my Captor group clips from NoteTab and
                                  >put them in their own file menu.

                                  That didn't seem to work :-(. AppBar only seems to like exe's I'm
                                  assuming? Is there a work around, or should I just use the clips I've
                                  created in NTP?

                                  Julie
                                • Harvey R. Savage
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Feb 1 8:30 PM
                                    Hi Julie G,

                                    I downloaded and started using AppBar. Its use is not limited to .exe
                                    files. I added a file - hrs.rtl - as an entry in appbar, it works
                                    great. You probably need to make sure, whatever the extension, it is
                                    associated with the appropriate executable, ie, add a .txt file to the
                                    menu and it will start NotePro with that file opened when you select
                                    that choice.

                                    hrs

                                    --
                                    ¿? Harvey R. Savage
                                    ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Feb 1 8:55 PM
                                      Hi Julie,

                                      > saying though ;-). I then took all my Captor group clips from
                                      > NoteTab and put them in their own file menu.
                                      >
                                      > That didn't seem to work :-(. AppBar only seems to like exe's
                                      > I'm assuming? Is there a work around, or should I just use the
                                      > clips I've created in NTP?

                                      I have never made any NetCaptor Clips, unless you are talking
                                      about Clips in NoteTab you are trying to use on it. Then in the
                                      new beta you could add the shortcut to Notetab something like
                                      (from memory):

                                      C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe /L=LibraryName:ClipName

                                      If you are talking about something in NetCaptor, perhaps you
                                      could rename the file with an .exe extension and the once you get
                                      it into NetCaptor rename it to what it needs to be.

                                      cya,
                                      jody

                                      Weather Reports:
                                      http://www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Milton.html
                                      Sojourners King James Bible Page
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Feb 2 7:09 AM
                                        At 11:30 PM 02/01/2000 , you wrote:

                                        >I downloaded and started using AppBar. Its use is not limited to .exe
                                        >files. I added a file - hrs.rtl - as an entry in appbar, it works
                                        >great. You probably need to make sure, whatever the extension, it is
                                        >associated with the appropriate executable, ie, add a .txt file to the
                                        >menu and it will start NotePro with that file opened when you select
                                        >that choice.

                                        The association is there... I don't what the difference is between last
                                        night and this morning, except for it being a new day, but they're opening
                                        just fine now. ??

                                        Julie
                                      • Carl Swann
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Feb 2 7:16 AM
                                          Julie G wrote:

                                          > The association is there... I don't what the difference is between last
                                          > night and this morning, except for it being a new day, but they're opening
                                          > just fine now. ??

                                          I often find I do better after a good night's rest, too... ;-)

                                          Glad the program is working for you.

                                          oOOo-(_)-oOOo