Comm Port 5

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2001
      Hi All,

      My PCI modem wants to install itself on comm port 5 according to
      their manual. My plug and play does not detect it and the PCI
      Communications (?) stays with the yellow exclamation mark. I can
      force the install to comm port 2, and that gets the PCI place in
      Control Panel | System to install. However, then I get an error
      on bootup for a CTVPD or something like that which I assume to be
      my video adaptor (since that is where the file shows up at when
      looking for choices for the adapter to be installed or some other
      place, but it is listed as the video adaptor using it. I have
      not checked the modem for strapping to change yet - but will.

      My question is, how do I add a comm port manually if I end up
      having to do that. I do not have another modem to put in at this
      time. If I disable the mode in System everything works well. (I
      can slow my hardware acceleration down for my geForce NVidia 32MB
      adapter made by Apollo and get it to work about 50% of the time. ;)