NTP freezes on HP OmniBook/Win98 (was Re: [NTB] NoteTab Pro freezes on a HP OmniBook/Win98 ?)

  • Stefan Elssner
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2001
      Hi Jody,

      >recently. Try turning down your hardware acceleration a notch or
      >two to see if it "fixes" it.

      Thanks, I just did so and we will see.

      I'll try to avoid running WindowsCommander simultanously for the next
      days too, for removing the possibility of interferences between the
      two, if there were any at all...

      BTW, I developed another idea for a possible reason for the problem
      right after posting my first message:

      It might also have to do with possible problems in our SAMBA
      Linux-to-Windows networking configuration, I guess. AFAIK temporarly
      unreachable network drives can cause strange effects in some programs
      too. (It's more a problem of the OS than of the particular prog in
      question then, I think.)

      This could count for both the freezing of NoteTab and WinCommander...

      >We've had some that have/had problems in WinME when using View
      >in Browser also.
      >
      >If you reply, please do so on the NoteTab Off-Topic list. There
      >are some sharp system trouble shooters on that list. There is an

      In case that someone at the list might be interested in the start of
      this thread, here is my original posting to the regular NoteTab list: