Re: [NTO] notetab pro locks when opening files

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9 10:51 PM
      Matt,

      At 04:38 AM 8/10/01 +0000, you wrote:
      >Hello,
      >
      > I am having problems with notetab pro locking on me when I try to
      >open files using the file->open, file open button, or ctrl-o. I'm
      >running windows 98se. I've had ntp running on this system since May
      >and haven't had any troubles with it until I install an additional
      >256meg of ram (total 512). Since then ntp has been locking up on
      >me. My system doesn't seem to run as smoothly as it used to either,
      >it seems to have the jitters, if that makes sense to anyone.

      Does everything work like it used to if you remove the extra 256MB of RAM?

      What happens if you remove the original 256MB and only use the new RAM?

      I recently experienced a similar problem with a motherboard that would only
      address about 290MB out of 512MB of RAM and then would in essence "Lock Up"
      since it couldn't access any higher memory addresses.

      Dropping back down to 256 solved that problem.

      Just some things to try.

      Regards,

      Jim
    • Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10 8:05 AM

        Hello all!
        My wife Franca's cousin just open a farmhouse near here.
        I worked a lot on that building: after I made the restoration plan (as you
        can guess from suite maps), I apply all my masonry knowledge to place the
        right stones in the right place, because contractors weren't "artists"
        enough...
        The main sign was made by me on slate using the same method I use to code
        HTML: hammer and chisel ;-)
        Now I'm making her webpages, but I lack a lot of languages, e.g., Swedish
        <blink to Lotta...>.
        So I offer a 15% discount for a holiday (and fresh vegetables every day!)
        to everybody can help me to translate the page: every language is welcome.
        What a deal! Volunteers can mail me privately.

        The page (English text) is at
        http://www.taggiasca.com/alportico/index-us.html

        Don't laugh too loud of the English text: I stole parts of it from the very
        nice 1998 Texas State Travel Guide, and it's signed by Mr. G.W. Bush...
        You can have that wonderful guide and an astounding CD-ROM for free on the
        site www.traveltex.com

        Bye!

        Marco Bernardini
      • Dr. Paul Harder
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 16 5:01 AM
          Marco:

          I tried to write back to you by personal email, but the address
          <webmaster@...> doesn't work. The message bounced. If you'll
          send me a working email address, I'll write back off-list.

          Thanks,
          Paul

          Dr. Paul Harder Houston, Texas, USA pharder@...