notetab pro locks when opening files

  • mcgiddin@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9 9:38 PM
      Hello,

      I am having problems with notetab pro locking on me when I try to
      open files using the file->open, file open button, or ctrl-o. I'm
      running windows 98se. I've had ntp running on this system since May
      and haven't had any troubles with it until I install an additional
      256meg of ram (total 512). Since then ntp has been locking up on
      me. My system doesn't seem to run as smoothly as it used to either,
      it seems to have the jitters, if that makes sense to anyone.

      Matt

      >Hi mcgiddin,
      >
      >I only have a couple suggestions. Try a new ini file since you
      >have already tried a new install. To create a new ini file, close
      >NoteTab and rename NotePro.ini found in its main folder
      >(NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Start up NoteTab and it will use
      >its default settings actually creating the ini file when you shut
      >down NoteTab.
      >
      >I have found at times personally, that I have had double and
      >triple copies of devices like printers, drives, mice, etc.
      >installed although they do not show up in the Control Panel |
      >System | Device Manager on a regular boot up. Try booting up in
      >Safe Mode by repeatedly pressing F8 (or hold the Ctrl key down)
      >during bootup. I have had my system lock up due to more than one
      >mouse "installed." You might try turning down your hardware
      >acceleration a notch to see what happens.
      >
      >You want to enter the number for Safe Mode (or down arrow to it)
      >and press Enter. Click on the OK in the window telling you that
      >you are in Safe Mode once Windows starts. Go to the Control
      >Panel via the Start button | Settings and double click on the
      >System icon. Click on the Device Manager tab and then on the
      >mouse item and see if you have more than one of the same
      >installed. (You might do that for other devices while you are
      >there as well.)
      >
      >>I have ntp 4.85 installed on a windows 98se system and everytime
      >>I try to open a file using file->open, the open folder button or
      >>ctrl-o, ntp locks up. I've tried shutting my system completely
      >>down and rebooting, I've even tried removing and reinstalling ntp
      >>yet nothing has seemed to fix this problem. Anyone have any
      >>suggestions?
      >

      >Happy Topics,
      >Jody
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9 10:51 PM
        Matt,

        At 04:38 AM 8/10/01 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hello,
        >
        > I am having problems with notetab pro locking on me when I try to
        >open files using the file->open, file open button, or ctrl-o. I'm
        >running windows 98se. I've had ntp running on this system since May
        >and haven't had any troubles with it until I install an additional
        >256meg of ram (total 512). Since then ntp has been locking up on
        >me. My system doesn't seem to run as smoothly as it used to either,
        >it seems to have the jitters, if that makes sense to anyone.

        Does everything work like it used to if you remove the extra 256MB of RAM?

        What happens if you remove the original 256MB and only use the new RAM?

        I recently experienced a similar problem with a motherboard that would only
        address about 290MB out of 512MB of RAM and then would in essence "Lock Up"
        since it couldn't access any higher memory addresses.

        Dropping back down to 256 solved that problem.

        Just some things to try.

        Regards,

        Jim
      • Marco Bernardini
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10 8:05 AM

          Hello all!
          My wife Franca's cousin just open a farmhouse near here.
          I worked a lot on that building: after I made the restoration plan (as you
          can guess from suite maps), I apply all my masonry knowledge to place the
          right stones in the right place, because contractors weren't "artists"
          enough...
          The main sign was made by me on slate using the same method I use to code
          HTML: hammer and chisel ;-)
          Now I'm making her webpages, but I lack a lot of languages, e.g., Swedish
          <blink to Lotta...>.
          So I offer a 15% discount for a holiday (and fresh vegetables every day!)
          to everybody can help me to translate the page: every language is welcome.
          What a deal! Volunteers can mail me privately.

          The page (English text) is at
          http://www.taggiasca.com/alportico/index-us.html

          Don't laugh too loud of the English text: I stole parts of it from the very
          nice 1998 Texas State Travel Guide, and it's signed by Mr. G.W. Bush...
          You can have that wonderful guide and an astounding CD-ROM for free on the
          site www.traveltex.com

          Bye!

          Marco Bernardini
        • Dr. Paul Harder
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 16 5:01 AM
            Marco:

            I tried to write back to you by personal email, but the address
            <webmaster@...> doesn't work. The message bounced. If you'll
            send me a working email address, I'll write back off-list.

            Thanks,
            Paul

            Dr. Paul Harder Houston, Texas, USA pharder@...