Re: need database program

  • acummings@snowcrest.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 6 1:53 PM
      Hi Lotta,

      Have you checked out

      http://www.thornsoft.com/

      they call it a clipboard extender.

      But it has a collapsible/expandable tree view of which you can create
      various categories with even more than several layers of sub
      categories underneath if you so choose.

      I create a general category that contains up to 3 or 4 more specific
      sub categories underneath, all on the visual tree.

      I am visually oriented and I find it very visual (I wondered if the
      tree view might take the place of column tabs)

      It has rather good search capability. can limit search to 1 of your
      categories or search all categories or everything.

      Its screen size is easily expandable/collapsible from very small to
      mid size to full screen and back again.

      Can view things larger or can set font to larger.

      has screen capture. can store/view some the popular graphic formats
      with it.

      Option exists for it to start up with clipboard capture turned off
      and can easily toggle capture on and off. (select and copy an item
      captures it into its storage)

      Though I unsure, it seems that its data/storage files are proprietary
      (exception being graphics which are stored in their native format).

      It can be a visual finder tool for an organization challenged
      individual like myself.

      I like the visual view and that it can have significantly more sub
      categories than say a NoteTab outline which is heasder and topic,
      just 2 categories only.

      Though I recently see with a Ntab outline ability exists to hyperlink
      off to other files. So, perhaps I might tinker with the use of a
      Ntab outline as an index with which to link to sub categories via
      hyperlinked articles.

      Alan.

    • acummings@snowcrest.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 7 7:15 PM
        Hi, (correction)

        > has screen capture. can store/view some the popular graphic
        formats
        > with it.

        Can only do a screen capture which makes, saves .bmp Cannot view or
        save other sorts of graphic files.

        > (exception being graphics which are stored in their native format).

        Nope, I made a mistake. It's not a graphic storer/viewer. Can only
        screen capture (print screen).

        Alan.
      • lungtroll@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 20 11:45 AM
          Hi Lotta
          If you are still looking for a database program.
          Checkout Treepad which has a free and a pro version.
          www.treepad.com

          I have Access and Filemaker but have converted all my information to
          TreepadPro version after using the free version for some time.

          my kindest regards
          Peter

          --- In ntb-OffTopic@y..., Lotta <loro@t...> wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > Long time no see, Bill. All well?
          > Thanks for your suggestions. The one you suggested Melchior,
          actually is
          > that other one I mentioned that doesn't work with my system. It has
          the
          > expandable field though. On line databases aren't what I want, so
          I'm still