Re: [NH] Thanks

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2000
      Hi Phil,

      You have your lists mixed up Phil. There is the NoteTab & HTML
      which goes by the [NH] prefix <ntb-html@egroups.com> and the
      NoteTab Off-Topic [NTO] <notetab-ot@egroups.com>.

      > I thank you all for your help. Jody most of all. It was the
      > tip from her that got me aimed in the right direction.

      I'm glad he was able to send you this way. ;-> Please do check
      out these links for the CIH virus. Those people know exactly
      what you need to do - CMOS and all with utilities to help clean
      it up. You might be able to have your cake and eat it to with
      specific step by step instructions.

      CIH Virus Recovery
      http://grc.com/cih.htm
      Win95.CIH, CIH, Spacefiller, Win32.CIH virus cleaning program.
      http://www.pspl.com/download/cleancih.htm

      http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=q&text=yes&q=cih+virus

      You asked what CMOS means. Basically, it is an electronic
      component (integrated circuit - IC) that is used to store
      information (memory) and is powered by a battery so when you turn
      your computer off it does not loose the information stored. The
      information is basically the setup configuration for your
      hardware. Without a CMOS, you have no computer. An infected
      CMOS can cause all kinds of problems depending on what is
      infected.

      http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?query=CMOS&action=Search
      CMOS ==>
      Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor
      <integrated circuit> (CMOS) A semiconductor fabrication
      technology using a combination of n- and p-doped semiconductor
      material to achieve low power dissipation. Any path through a
      gate through which current can flow includes both n and p type
      transistors. Only one type is turned on in any stable state so
      there is no static power dissipation and current only flows when
      a gate switches in order to charge the parasitic capacitance.

      (1999-06-04)

      http://webopedia.internet.com/TERM/C/CMOS.html
      CMOS
      Last modified: May 14, 1998
      Abbreviation of complementary metal oxide semiconductor.
      Pronounced see-moss, CMOS is a widely used type of semiconductor.
      CMOS semiconductors use both NMOS (negative polarity) and PMOS
      (positive polarity) circuits. Since only one of the circuit types
      is on at any given time, CMOS chips require less power than chips
      using just one type of transistor. This makes them particularly
      attractive for use in battery-powered devices, such as portable
      computers. Personal computers also contain a small amount of
      battery-powered CMOS memory to hold the date, time, and system
      setup parameters.

      http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/comp/mbsys/index.htm
      Troubleshooting the Motherboard and System Devices
      Focuses on problems related to the motherboard and system
      devices, including the components of the motherboard, along with
      system devices such as the cache and I/O buses, the BIOS and CMOS
      memory, system resources, and features such as Plug and Play.
      This page is from "The PC Guide."

      Need a book on it? LOL

      CMOS Layout Design
      http://cmosedu.com/cmos1/book.htm
      CMOS: Circuit Design, Layout and Simulation

      Happy Off-Topic'n!

      mailto:NoteTab-OT-Subscribe@...