Re: [NTO] AgentRansack has problems with the command-line

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2001
      Hi Hugo,

      >> Thanks for posting over here Hugo. It means a lot to me and
      >> says something for your character as well! :)
      >
      >It would not be wise to not share it with you... We get so many
      >in return!

      Thanks, but I meant taking it from the Clips list over here to
      the OT list.

      >> That's funny, I got the same reply word for word. ;) You don't
      >> think he had the nerve to copy/paste us do you? <bg>
      >
      >Apparently he didn't know you were the list-manager...

      What I thought was funny was he copy/pasted us the same reply,
      and we both found the same error at about the same time on our
      own without posting on any of the lists. ;)

      >> Mark, I thought your method of using the Keyboard strokes in your
      >> Clip was good. I just made some slight changes in the one I
      >> posted back.
      >
      >Actually I think you should use the Keyboard approach for now:
      >- The results can be neatly listed (without the contents)
      >- The results are not faulty (?)

      I do not seem to have faulty results. I suppose we could ask to
      get a switch for the command-line to only give the file names
      that the criteria is found in (if we don't have it already). I
      just like using command-line that the GUI. It has a pretty neat
      regular expression wizard though.

      >At home I used one of your (Jody's) earlier clips, the one that
      >should omit the .com and .exe (where you use a regular expression -
      >Ransack defaults to it - in the filename to exclude). I believe it
      >was the first one... It seems as if AgentRansack has problems with
      >the command-line.

      Every thing I played with in the latest release seems to work,
      except for trying to use the DOS expressions. There was a bug
      with -sn and also the order of how the switches were ordered in
      the command-line that was hosing a lot of stuff. The latest
      final release (no betas available) fixes the two above.

      The paths need to be changed of course. I think we need a switch
      to exclude binaries. ;)

      ^!Set %Path%="^$GetAppPath$\"
      ; long line till ^!"^%Path%Ransack.txt"
      ^!ShellWait "F:\Ransack\AgentRansack.exe" -d "^%Path%" -c "NoteTab" -sn -f "\.(stb|exe|hlp|fts)$" -fx -o "^%Path%Ransack.txt"
      ^!"^%Path%Ransack.txt"

      >But what happens is that the only results I get are exe-files :-)

      Yep, but I think that is fixed now or it might be the one that he
      is aware that it is note acting the way it should. ;)

      >When you do not use the switch -o output.file the GUI of Ransack
      >pops up. This is actually a good way to test, since you can see
      >the result of your command line immediately, and after you hit
      >enter you see what *should* appear in Ransack.txt.

      Yes, that is true. He also added a Close button for us on the -h
      switch. The way it was the GUI would automatically open once you
      got done reading the help which really didn't make to much sense
      since you are reading the help for the command-line. <g>

    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 17, 2001
        Hi,

        Do you know that NBCi officially closed down their webhosting the 15th, and
        with it xoom.com? The hosted sites will live a short time time yet. One of
        them is the 'old' Notetab site Clipworld. http://members.nbci.com/clipworld/

        I don't know who the webmaster is, but if you are still around and hear me,
        please move your site, 'cause I like it.

        I looks like the site hasn't been updated since -98 (?). Maybe it's
        abandoned, maybe not. If Jody or someone else knows who the owner is, could
        you let him/her know that the site is still visited and wanted?

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 18 10:59 AM
          Hi Lotta,

          Somehow this was put in my SPAM box whether by me or a filter, I know not. I think I wrote him about a year ago and he was able to be reached. He was basically trying to get people to submit their Libraries. Anyway, 1998 was about when he did some work on it and some of us submitted some Libraries.

          mailto:clipworld@...
          http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/clipworld/otr_cntc.htm