Re: [NTO] Answer from Dave Vest / Agent Ransack

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2001
      Hi Hugo and Mark,

      Thanks for posting over here Hugo. It means a lot to me and says
      something for your character as well! :)

      >It only happens with non-string switches, e.g. match case. Unless the
      >switches are specified in a very specific order they have the
      >effect of overriding all but the last switch.

      That's funny, I got the same reply word for word. ;) You don't
      think he had the nerve to copy/paste us do you? <bg>

      >I posted the fix for this last night. It is available at:
      >http://www.agentransack.com/latest_build.asp

      Mark, I thought your method of using the Keyboard strokes in your
      Clip was good. I just made some slight changes in the one I
      posted back. I mentioned an option to be able to do or don't do
      multiple instances to Dave Vest and he did not think the pros
      outweighed the cons.

      Here is another command-line that does not search certain file
      types like .exe:

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=Ransack (Omit file types)
      ; Last Updated 07-11-2001, Sojourner@..., jody
      ; Example of file omission in search.
      ; Should run on any machine as is.
      ; I suppose a custom INI file would be better and just run a
      ; Setup one time on startup. It would just be shorter like that
      ; and if somebody removed the path in the registry as well.

      ; long path till ^!IfTrue
      ^!Set %AgentRansack%=^$GetRegValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\AgentRansack.exe")$
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^%AgentRansack%")$ Error

      ^!Set %Path%="^$GetAppPath$\"
      ; long line till ^!"^%Path%
      ^!ShellWait "^%AgentRansack%" -d "^%Path%" -c "NoteTab" -sn -f "\.(stb|exe|hlp|fts)$" -fx -o "^%Path%Ransack.txt"
      ^!"^%Path%Ransack.txt"

      ^!Goto End

      :Error
      ^!Prompt Error: AgentRansack.exe not found

      <--- Copy above this line, right --->
      <--- click over a Library, and --->
      <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->