Answer from Dave Vest / Agent Ransack

  • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2001
      Here is Dave Vest's reply to my mail from the NTB-clipslist; he asked
      me to share it with you...

      Hugo,

      Thanks for sending me the info. Well done, you have spotted what I
      like to call an 'undesirable feature'.

      Not being on the NTB-CLIPS email list I am not sure if this
      information has already been shared so sorry for the duplication if it
      has.

      It only happens with non-string switches, e.g. match case. Unless the
      switches are specified in a very specific order they have the
      effect of overriding all but the last switch.

      I posted the fix for this last night. It is available at:
      http://www.agentransack.com/latest_build.asp

      I apologize for the inconvenience.
      Thanks,
      Dave.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2001
        Hi Hugo and Mark,

        Thanks for posting over here Hugo. It means a lot to me and says
        something for your character as well! :)

        >It only happens with non-string switches, e.g. match case. Unless the
        >switches are specified in a very specific order they have the
        >effect of overriding all but the last switch.

        That's funny, I got the same reply word for word. ;) You don't
        think he had the nerve to copy/paste us do you? <bg>

        >I posted the fix for this last night. It is available at:
        >http://www.agentransack.com/latest_build.asp

        Mark, I thought your method of using the Keyboard strokes in your
        Clip was good. I just made some slight changes in the one I
        posted back. I mentioned an option to be able to do or don't do
        multiple instances to Dave Vest and he did not think the pros
        outweighed the cons.

        Here is another command-line that does not search certain file
        types like .exe:

        <--- Copy below this line --->
        H=Ransack (Omit file types)
        ; Last Updated 07-11-2001, Sojourner@..., jody
        ; Example of file omission in search.
        ; Should run on any machine as is.
        ; I suppose a custom INI file would be better and just run a
        ; Setup one time on startup. It would just be shorter like that
        ; and if somebody removed the path in the registry as well.

        ; long path till ^!IfTrue
        ^!Set %AgentRansack%=^$GetRegValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\AgentRansack.exe")$
        ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^%AgentRansack%")$ Error

        ^!Set %Path%="^$GetAppPath$\"
        ; long line till ^!"^%Path%
        ^!ShellWait "^%AgentRansack%" -d "^%Path%" -c "NoteTab" -sn -f "\.(stb|exe|hlp|fts)$" -fx -o "^%Path%Ransack.txt"
        ^!"^%Path%Ransack.txt"

        ^!Goto End

        :Error
        ^!Prompt Error: AgentRansack.exe not found

        <--- Copy above this line, right --->
        <--- click over a Library, and --->
        <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->