Re: [NTO] pcl print codes

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hi Harv and All,

      While you are looking I could sure use HP's control codes for mainly some colors. They might/should be in an HP manual, but mine is inside 1 of about 50 boxes or more and I won't find it until we unpack in our new place.

      Thanks for the link Marco - last time I went to HP I got a headache trying to understand the docs I was reading.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2001
        Hi Harve,

        >>Can anyone give me a site where I can print or download pcl
        >>printer codes?

        Try this: http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpd05855.html

        You may need to type in your printer model with the +pcl +codes

        I still cannot print in color though:

        http://search.hp.com/query.html?qt=%2Bpcl+%2Bcodes+952c&col=hpcom+ccen&ht=0&qp=&qs=&qc=&pw=100%25&ws=0&la=en&qm=0&st=1&lk=1&rf=0&oq=&rq=0&si=1&nh=10&submit.x=8&submit.y=8

        Here is some of the code:

        Color Text (Graphics)
        White (no ink)
        Ec*v0S --------------- Escape code + color
        027 042 118 048 083 -- decimal
        1B 2A 76 30 53 ------- hex
        True Black
        Ec*v1S
        027 042 118 049 083
        1B 2A 76 31 53
        Cyan
        Ec*v2S
        027 042 118 050 083
        1B 2A 76 32 53
        Magenta
        Ec*v4S
        027 042 118 052 083
        1B 2A 76 34 53
        Blue
        Ec*v6S
        027 042 118 054 083
        1B 2A 76 36 53

        I've tried a number of formats, but still get a no-go. Here is an example of some I have been using. I used a Clip Eric posted awhile back for the base.

        ^!Set %Esc%=^$DecToChar(27)$
        ^!Set %Blue%=^$DecToChar(118)$
        ^!Set %Landscape%=^%Esc%&l1O; %Italic%=^%Esc%(s1S; %Normal%=^%Esc%(s0S
        ^!Set %Red%=^%Esc%*v12S; %Blue%=^%Esc%^%Blue%
        ^!DirectPrint "Testing..." ^%Blue%Hello ^%Red%World ^%Italic%sunny^%Normal% World^%nl%^%nl%^%Blue%^$GetText$^%PAGE%

        >Try http://www.hp.com and search for +pcl +codes: you'll find a lot of things.
        >Marco Bernardini

        Thanks!

        c ya,