Re: [NTO] pcl print codes

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2001

      Alle 17.52 Sunday 01/07/2001 -0500, hsavage@... ha mandato a
      Marco questo messaggio:

      >Can anyone give me a site where I can print or download pcl
      >printer codes?

      Try http://www.hp.com and search for +pcl +codes: you'll find a lot of things.

      Bye!

      Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2001
        Hi Harv and All,

        While you are looking I could sure use HP's control codes for mainly some colors. They might/should be in an HP manual, but mine is inside 1 of about 50 boxes or more and I won't find it until we unpack in our new place.

        Thanks for the link Marco - last time I went to HP I got a headache trying to understand the docs I was reading.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2001
          Hi Harve,

          >>Can anyone give me a site where I can print or download pcl
          >>printer codes?

          Try this: http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpd05855.html

          You may need to type in your printer model with the +pcl +codes

          I still cannot print in color though:

          http://search.hp.com/query.html?qt=%2Bpcl+%2Bcodes+952c&col=hpcom+ccen&ht=0&qp=&qs=&qc=&pw=100%25&ws=0&la=en&qm=0&st=1&lk=1&rf=0&oq=&rq=0&si=1&nh=10&submit.x=8&submit.y=8

          Here is some of the code:

          Color Text (Graphics)
          White (no ink)
          Ec*v0S --------------- Escape code + color
          027 042 118 048 083 -- decimal
          1B 2A 76 30 53 ------- hex
          True Black
          Ec*v1S
          027 042 118 049 083
          1B 2A 76 31 53
          Cyan
          Ec*v2S
          027 042 118 050 083
          1B 2A 76 32 53
          Magenta
          Ec*v4S
          027 042 118 052 083
          1B 2A 76 34 53
          Blue
          Ec*v6S
          027 042 118 054 083
          1B 2A 76 36 53

          I've tried a number of formats, but still get a no-go. Here is an example of some I have been using. I used a Clip Eric posted awhile back for the base.

          ^!Set %Esc%=^$DecToChar(27)$
          ^!Set %Blue%=^$DecToChar(118)$
          ^!Set %Landscape%=^%Esc%&l1O; %Italic%=^%Esc%(s1S; %Normal%=^%Esc%(s0S
          ^!Set %Red%=^%Esc%*v12S; %Blue%=^%Esc%^%Blue%
          ^!DirectPrint "Testing..." ^%Blue%Hello ^%Red%World ^%Italic%sunny^%Normal% World^%nl%^%nl%^%Blue%^$GetText$^%PAGE%

          >Try http://www.hp.com and search for +pcl +codes: you'll find a lot of things.
          >Marco Bernardini

          Thanks!

          c ya,