pcl print codes

  • hsavage@shawneelink.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hi ALL,

      Can anyone give me a site where I can print or download pcl
      printer codes?

      Thanks,

      hrs
    • Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2001

        Alle 17.52 Sunday 01/07/2001 -0500, hsavage@... ha mandato a
        Marco questo messaggio:

        >Can anyone give me a site where I can print or download pcl
        >printer codes?

        Try http://www.hp.com and search for +pcl +codes: you'll find a lot of things.

        Bye!

        Marco Bernardini
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2001
          Hi Harv and All,

          While you are looking I could sure use HP's control codes for mainly some colors. They might/should be in an HP manual, but mine is inside 1 of about 50 boxes or more and I won't find it until we unpack in our new place.

          Thanks for the link Marco - last time I went to HP I got a headache trying to understand the docs I was reading.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2001
            Hi Harve,

            >>Can anyone give me a site where I can print or download pcl
            >>printer codes?

            Try this: http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpd05855.html

            You may need to type in your printer model with the +pcl +codes

            I still cannot print in color though:

            http://search.hp.com/query.html?qt=%2Bpcl+%2Bcodes+952c&col=hpcom+ccen&ht=0&qp=&qs=&qc=&pw=100%25&ws=0&la=en&qm=0&st=1&lk=1&rf=0&oq=&rq=0&si=1&nh=10&submit.x=8&submit.y=8

            Here is some of the code:

            Color Text (Graphics)
            White (no ink)
            Ec*v0S --------------- Escape code + color
            027 042 118 048 083 -- decimal
            1B 2A 76 30 53 ------- hex
            True Black
            Ec*v1S
            027 042 118 049 083
            1B 2A 76 31 53
            Cyan
            Ec*v2S
            027 042 118 050 083
            1B 2A 76 32 53
            Magenta
            Ec*v4S
            027 042 118 052 083
            1B 2A 76 34 53
            Blue
            Ec*v6S
            027 042 118 054 083
            1B 2A 76 36 53

            I've tried a number of formats, but still get a no-go. Here is an example of some I have been using. I used a Clip Eric posted awhile back for the base.

            ^!Set %Esc%=^$DecToChar(27)$
            ^!Set %Blue%=^$DecToChar(118)$
            ^!Set %Landscape%=^%Esc%&l1O; %Italic%=^%Esc%(s1S; %Normal%=^%Esc%(s0S
            ^!Set %Red%=^%Esc%*v12S; %Blue%=^%Esc%^%Blue%
            ^!DirectPrint "Testing..." ^%Blue%Hello ^%Red%World ^%Italic%sunny^%Normal% World^%nl%^%nl%^%Blue%^$GetText$^%PAGE%

            >Try http://www.hp.com and search for +pcl +codes: you'll find a lot of things.
            >Marco Bernardini

            Thanks!

            c ya,