RE: [NTO] Information

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 8 , May 23 11:37 PM

      Alle 21.19 Wednesday 23/05/2001 -0500, Jody ha mandato a Marco questo
      messaggio:

      > >> I would like to give a different perspective...
      >
      >Let's please try very hard to keep this list a bit more "on-
      >topic" as in computers, NoteTab, etc.

      Just a little note from Italy to close the thread: I save Len message, so I
      can repost it next year simply replacing Bush with Berlusconi ;-)))

      What a little world...

      Bye!

      Marco
    • Jerry Treece
      Message 2 of 8 , May 24 6:01 AM
        The truth is hard for some people to face.

        >>> Lloyd <lloyd2@...> 5/23/01 8:03:00 PM >>>
        You just caused me to throw up all over my keyboard.

        Lloyd
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        >Hello All;
        >
        >I would like to give a different perspective of the Clinton Presidency.
        >No other president has had the courage to do even one of the following;
        >
        >Challenged the tobacco companies on reguation of advertizing and selling
        >of tobacco. Tobacco causes the premature deaths of 400,000 U.S. citizens
        >each year. Can you imagine what we would do if another country was
        >killing 400,000 Americans every year?
        >
        >Challenged the National Rifle Association on the registration and selling
        >of handguns and assualt rifles. All other advanced countries have such
        >laws and they have much lower homicide and accidental death rates.
        >
        >Challenged the Medical Insurance companies on extending health-care to
        >the 25% of low income U.S. citizens who have no health-care except
        >hospital emergency rooms which is the most costly health care option.
        >many Hospitals have been forced to close their emerergency rooms or have
        >had to refuse treatment to uninsured patients. All other advanced
        >countries have universal health-care of some kind.
        >
        >Challenged small and medium sized companies on providing health insurance
        >to their workers.
        >
        >Challenged the American Medical Association on health-care.
        >
        >Challenged the oil, mining and logging industries on exploitation of the
        >National Forests.
        >
        >And presided over the longest economic expansion in the history of the U.S.
        >
        >The republicans strongly opposed all of the above, even Clinton's economic
        >policies and now they are pushing very hard for a 20% tax cut for the
        >wealthy. The top 1% of our population have doubled their wealth over the
        >last 10 years.
        >
        >My best regards to all,
        >Leonard O. Hargrove, Jr.

      • Lloyd
        Message 3 of 8 , May 24 6:04 AM
          Your politics (or anyone elses) is of no interest to me. That may be why I
          do not find it appropriate on a notetab list, even an off topic one.

          Your comments are very in vogue at this time. In the appropriate place I
          would probably get as big a chuckle as you over them. After your yardstick
          for measuring a man, I would say they both got more votes than you. That
          would make you very small on your own measurement device.

          Since I do not believe this is the proper forum for this discussion, I will
          not be goaded into saying more.

          Lloyd
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          >Leonard, it is worth mentioning another way Clinton differs from Bush:
          >Clinton won his election in the way we claim to do it in a democracy, by
          >winning the most votes. Rather than having it handed to him by
          >Republican appointees to the Supreme Court.
          >
          >Moreover, Clinton is able to walk and chew gum simultaneously, and to
          >speak in actual sentences. Not merely to read material written for him
          >two. Or three words. At a time. So as not. To screw up.
          >
          >http://slate.msn.com/Features/bushisms/bushisms.asp
          >
          >Lloyd, you are the puke-inducing one, if you think America is well
          >represented on the world stage by this mediocrity.
        • Stephen
          Message 4 of 8 , May 24 12:20 PM
            Hi everyone,
            I aggree with Lloyd that this is not a political forum although I
            enjoyed the original eMail immensely. However I do not believe Jody and
            Eric are keeping a database of our political ideas and that is a good
            thing. I was going to say you could send political and satirical stuff
            private eMail, but I'm afraid pretty soon some one would be talking
            about Me and MyKindOfFolks and then what would I do but throw up all
            over the keyboard!
            However I think referals to newsgroups or lists of those who share
            specific perspectives would be appropriate. (I don't belong to any of
            them or know their addresses, because one rant sounds pretty much like
            another.)
            Sincerely to all
            and
            Can't we all get just along and talk in HTML?
            STephen