[NTO] Problem wit Win2K and TCP/IP

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 10 , May 17, 2001

      A friend of mine has a strange problem with Win2k and TCP/IP: Explorer
      generates a conflict somewhere between 2 UDP ports and his machine can't
      see the local network (or something like).
      He call the Microsoft Customer Service and they told him he is not an
      "end-user" because he is on a LAN, so he must pay at least 200$ to have an
      answer (hint: don't tell Microsoft you're on a LAN!) or 1,600$ + taxes to
      have a technician on site.
      So, if somebody has some knowledge about UDP and TCP/IP on Win2k, can mail
      him directly at federico.stickel@...

      Thanks a lot in advance!

      Marco Bernardini

      PS: the new Microsoft Operating System will be a bundle of:
      CE for palmars
      ME for PCs
      NT for servers
      It will be as light as its name: CE-ME-NT
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 10 , May 17, 2001
        Ciao Marco!

        >So, if somebody has some knowledge about UDP and TCP/IP on Win2k,

        None whatsoever!

        But the list is so slow that I thought a little spam would be an
        improvement. And how's the weather in Italy? Maybe I'll spam your friend
        too. Is he into weather? You shouldn't give me email addresses... ;)

        My regards to the mayor.

        Bye!
        Lotta
      • Jim Hall
        Message 3 of 10 , May 17, 2001
          Ciao Marco!

          > >So, if somebody has some knowledge about UDP and TCP/IP on Win2k,
          >
          >None whatsoever!

          A little.....

          Look at the freebies here and see if they help

          http://cnet.search.com/search?q=udp&ref=wf

          If not then perhaps Saturdayor Sunday I will have some time to try and help
          your friend.

          Regards

          Jim (Win98/Win2K networked)
        • Marco Bernardini
          Message 4 of 10 , May 18, 2001

            Alle 06.47 Friday 18/05/2001 +0200, Lotta ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:

            >But the list is so slow that I thought a little spam would be an
            >improvement. And how's the weather in Italy?

            Don't know: after last elections I refuse to turn on the TV, to avoid to
            see *you-know-the-name* ;-)))

            > Maybe I'll spam your friend

            He will be happy to receive mail from a nice Swedish girl!

            >My regards to the mayor.

            He was in the "Bald Dwarf Party", but he don't get enough votes to be
            elected....

            Alle 23.02 Thursday 17/05/2001 -0700, Jim Hall ha mandato a Marco questo
            messaggio:

            >Look at the freebies here and see if they help
            >
            >http://cnet.search.com/search?q=udp&ref=wf

            I forward this URL to my friend.

            >If not then perhaps Saturdayor Sunday I will have some time to try and help
            >your friend.

            Thanks a lot!

            Bye

            Marco
          • Lotta
            Message 5 of 10 , May 18, 2001
              Marco,

              > >My regards to the mayor.

              >He was in the "Bald Dwarf Party", but he don't get enough votes to be
              >elected....

              What? And here I thought all Italians were dark and handsome and wanted to
              take a bath with me in Fontana di Trevi! I must unsubscribe from this list.
              I'll unsubscribe from the Internet. This is a shock to me.

              Lotta - disillusioned
            • Marcus
              Message 6 of 10 , May 18, 2001
                On 18.05.01 at 09:53 Lotta wrote:
                >>He was in the "Bald Dwarf Party", but he don't get enough votes to be
                >>elected....
                >
                >What? And here I thought all Italians were dark and handsome and
                wanted to
                >take a bath with me in Fontana di Trevi!...

                Consider yourself Snowwhite. After some minor diversions from the
                wicked step-mother maybe your prince will arrive in his Alfa and sweep
                you off to the Fontana ;-)

                We had a political party here called "Invalid", but the dwarves is the
                best name I've heard yet. Monty Python would be proud.

                Marcus