Re: [NTO] OEM Win2k

  • DA
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2001
      Hi Ray,

      > Gateway. Are OEM versions of the operating system manufacturer-specific?

      I wouldn't do it. I just got through with problems with IBM OEM Win2k
      and when you install, it is installing all the IBM drivers and doesn't
      give you the option to set up the drive partitions like you would be
      able to do if you bought your own copy of Win2k. Also, when repairs are
      necessary you can't follow the usual Win2k recovery procedures because
      you don't have a 'normal' CD to recover from. Yeah, you buy a license
      from Microsoft but you don't get full functionality!

      DA
    • Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 5 , May 10, 2001
        DA, Jim, Paul

        Thanks loads for your help. This whole idea looks too risky to try. You
        may have saved me a lot of grief!

        Ray Shapp
        Watchung, NJ