Perspective

  • thefrank
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2001
      Hello All,
      I received the following (anonymously) and found it interesting:

      ----------------

      If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely
      100
      people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it
      would
      look something like the following:

      There would be:
      57 Asians
      21 Europeans
      14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south
      8 Africans

      52 would be female
      48 would be male

      70 would be nonwhite
      30 would be white

      70 would be non-Christian
      30 would be Christian

      89 would be heterosexual
      11 would be homosexual

      6 people would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth and all 6
      would be
      from the United States.
      80 would live in substandard housing
      70 would be unable to read
      50 would suffer from malnutrition
      1 would be near death; 1 would be near birth
      1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education
      1 would own a computer

      When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the
      need
      for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly
      apparent.

      The following is also something to ponder...
      If you woke up this morning with more health than illness...you are
      More
      blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

      If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of
      imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation ...
      you are
      ahead of 500 million people in the world.

      If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment,
      arrest,
      torture, or death...you are more blessed than three billion people in
      the
      world.

      If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof
      overhead and a place to sleep...you are richer than 75% of this
      world.

      If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a
      dish
      someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

      If your parents are still alive and still married ... you are very
      rare,
      even in the United States and Canada.
      If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in
      that
      someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed
      than
      over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

      Someone once said: What goes around comes around.
      Work like you don't need the money.
      Love like you've never been hurt.
      Dance like nobody's watching.
      Sing like nobody's listening.
      Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

      It's National Friendship Week.
      Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND.

      Pass this on, and brighten someone's day.
      Nothing will happen if you do not decide to pass it along. The only
      thing
      that will happen, if you DO pass it on, is that someone might smile
      because of you.

      Happy friendship week everyone!

      Warm Regards To All,

      tf