Re: [AE] Creating stand-alone CD's

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2001
      Hi Dennis and efm,

      I brought this over to the OffTopic list from the Album Express
      list. Dennis had stated in a previous post that the CDRW disks
      today normally support all the CD drives out.

      Dennis wrote:
      >I agree they are cheaper unless you can find a deal like I found
      >the other day on cdrw. Better price then cdr's. I agree cdr's
      >would be best for passing along to someone else also.

      I paid $22.00 for my last bulk of 100 (CD-R). They are grade A,
      silver/blue, 12X, no branding (such as TDK, Memorex, Imation,
      Fuji, etc. all over the CD. I have not had any problems of
      generic CD-Rs failing out of a few hundred.

      >I use the cdrw's for backing up system. I can use them over and
      >over up to 1000 times or as least that is what they are suppose
      >to do.

      >btw it is not just the cd rom that may not play the cdrw. It can
      >also be the cdrw. My cdrom plays all the cdrw's I have except
      >the Fuji brand.

      I tried a quality CDRW and it would not work in the old worn out
      4x drive that is on the kids Win95 machine.

    • Len
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2001
        Hi Jody, et al;

        Thanks for bringing up the subject.
        I have an older Memorex 4X CD-RW drive that works well however
        the software is clumsy. Do you (or anyone else) know of a good
        inexpensive program for creating CDs?

        >I brought this over to the OffTopic list from the Album Express
        >list. Dennis had stated in a previous post that the CDRW disks
        >today normally support all the CD drives out.

        Thanks, Len
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 15, 2001
          Hi All,

          Dennis corrected me for what I said he said. ;) The following is
          what he sent me.

          (Len, I do not have an answer for you. Check Adaptec's site and
          maybe theirs will work if Memorex does not have something.)

          > I brought this over to the OffTopic list from the Album Express
          > list. Dennis had stated in a previous post that the CDRW disks
          > today normally support all the CD drives out.

          Not exactly. I said that if it is a mult-read drive it should
          support cdrw disks. I also said that most of the (if not all)
          newer cdroms will support cdrw disks.