no longer G rated

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
      Good morning,

      Have you seen this?
      http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/ap/20010411/tc/brf_yahoo_porn_3.html

      And the times they are achanging-
      Lotta
    • Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001

        Alle 10.07 Friday 13/04/2001 +0200, Lotta ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:

        >And the times they are achanging-

        Gosh!
        I must start to draw dressed men instead of my undressed girls .... hehehehe!

        Look this one:

        Bye!

        Marco Bernardini
      • Larry Hamilton
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
          Some good news:

          From Computerworld:

          Yahoo to remove adult-related products from Web sites

          Inc. said it
          would no longer provide adult-related products on its Web sites. The
          online portal also said it wouldn't enter into any new contracts for
          banner advertisements for adult-related materials.

          http://computerworld.com/nlt/1%2C3590%2CNAV47_STO59583_NL
          Tam%2C00.html

          On 13 Apr 2001, at 10:07, Lotta wrote:

          > Good morning,
          >
          > Have you seen this?
          > http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/ap/20010411/tc/brf_yahoo_porn_3.html
          >
          > And the times they are achanging-
          > Lotta

          Larry Hamilton, Jr.
          lm_hamilton@...
          http://notlimah.tripod.com/
          http://www.hamiltongensociety.org/

        • Stephen
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
            The article is at:
            http://www.internetworld.com/dotnet/03.15.01dotnetframework5.jsp

            alice ttlg wrote:

            > > I categorically refuse to program into my websites any technology that
            > > tells visitors, "Sorry, you're not welcome here." Imagine running an
            > > e-commerce site that tests to see what browser and operating system the
            > > customer is using and, finding that it's not IE on Windows, tells the
            > > customer, "Sorry, we don't want your money. Go spend it somewhere
            > > else".

            But they exist nevertheless. Of course they don't get MY money!

            > Exactly! All this does is make it that much harder for website designers,
            > having to program in so much stuff to make sure it runs on all platforms...I'm
            > going a bit bald, checking sites in IE, NN4, NN6, Opera and Lynx...
            >
            > > Does anybody here have the actual URL of any news story that says what
            > > Microsoft is or is not planning for IE6?
            >
            > I would love to see a real news story, too, so far all I've seen is rumors.
            >
            > alice ttlg

          • alice ttlg
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001

              and I said:
              > > Exactly! All this does is make it that much harder for website designers,
              > > having to program in so much stuff to make sure it runs on all
              platforms...I'm
              > > going a bit bald, checking sites in IE, NN4, NN6, Opera and Lynx...

              Paul again:
              > > > Does anybody here have the actual URL of any news story that says what
              > > > Microsoft is or is not planning for IE6?

              and me again:
              > > I would love to see a real news story, too, so far all I've seen is
              rumors.

              (just for clarity's sake) :-)

              and thanks for the news link!

              alice ttlg

              http://www.ditb.net/basement/
              The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy. -- Helen Hayes
              (at 73)
            • Dr. Paul Harder
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
                On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:38:39 -0700, Stephen <stephen@...>
                wrote:

                > The article is at:
                > http://www.internetworld.com/dotnet/03.15.01dotnetframework5.jsp

                Well, that article does discuss some of Microsoft's plans with respect
                to Java, but it doesn't mention JavaScript -- which is an entirely
                different language that actually has little relationship or resemblance
                to Java. I'm aware that Microsoft is trying to divorce itself from Java
                (or in playground parlance, they want to "take their ball and go home").
                But I have yet to see any credible evidence that they're also ditching
                JavaScript. I still believe that such a move would cut their own
                throats.

                PH

                Dr. Paul Harder Houston, Texas, USA pharder@...
              • Len
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
                  Hi Marco;

                  Having had a long interest in undressed ladies (artistic of course) I checked the referenced web site and received a cannot open error.

                  ????
                  Regards, Len

                  At 07:56 PM 4/13/01 +0200, you wrote:
                  >*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
                  >
                  >Alle 10.07 Friday 13/04/2001 +0200, Lotta ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:
                  >
                  >>And the times they are achanging-
                  >
                  >Gosh!
                  >I must start to draw dressed men instead of my undressed girls .... hehehehe!
                  >
                  >Look this one:
                  >
                  >Bye!
                  >
                  >Marco Bernardini

                • Marco Bernardini
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001

                    Alle 12.57 Friday 13/04/2001 -0700, Len ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:

                    >Having had a long interest in undressed ladies (artistic of course) I
                    >checked the referenced web site and received a cannot open error.

                    Maybe Yahoo is cutting lines along with workers ;-)
                    I leave my files area open to public, so it seems very strange.
                    In any case I'll mail you privately the image.

                    Bye!

                    Marco Bernardini
                  • Len
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 14, 2001
                      Hi Marco;

                      >Maybe Yahoo is cutting lines along with workers ;-)
                      >I leave my files area open to public, so it seems very strange.
                      >In any case I'll mail you privately the image.

                      Thanks Marco, but I got through later in the day. I suspect the site was loaded down by the NTO rush to view your picture :-)). Well done.

                      Cheers, Len