Re: [NTO] IE 6

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 12, 2001
      Paul wrote:
      <snipped muchly>
      and a big ole me too on all that you said!

      > engine). Furthermore, IE runs on Windows machine -- I'm not sure, but I
      > think there may be a Macintosh version.

      Yup, there is a Mac version, I believe that IE on Mac is just as prevalant as
      IE on Windows.

      > I categorically refuse to program into my websites any technology that
      > tells visitors, "Sorry, you're not welcome here." Imagine running an
      > e-commerce site that tests to see what browser and operating system the
      > customer is using and, finding that it's not IE on Windows, tells the
      > customer, "Sorry, we don't want your money. Go spend it somewhere
      > else".

      Exactly! All this does is make it that much harder for website designers,
      having to program in so much stuff to make sure it runs on all platforms...I'm
      going a bit bald, checking sites in IE, NN4, NN6, Opera and Lynx...

      > Does anybody here have the actual URL of any news story that says what
      > Microsoft is or is not planning for IE6?

      I would love to see a real news story, too, so far all I've seen is rumors.

      alice ttlg

      http://www.ditb.net/basement/
      Dureena: My people are taught to avoid crossroads, also beaches, cliffs, pits,
      caverns...and wells./ /Max: Where do you go on vacation? Another part of the
      room? -- Crusade
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
        Good morning,

        Have you seen this?
        http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/ap/20010411/tc/brf_yahoo_porn_3.html

        And the times they are achanging-
        Lotta
      • Marco Bernardini
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001

          Alle 10.07 Friday 13/04/2001 +0200, Lotta ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:

          >And the times they are achanging-

          Gosh!
          I must start to draw dressed men instead of my undressed girls .... hehehehe!

          Look this one:

          Bye!

          Marco Bernardini
        • Larry Hamilton
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
            Some good news:

            From Computerworld:

            Yahoo to remove adult-related products from Web sites

            Inc. said it
            would no longer provide adult-related products on its Web sites. The
            online portal also said it wouldn't enter into any new contracts for
            banner advertisements for adult-related materials.

            http://computerworld.com/nlt/1%2C3590%2CNAV47_STO59583_NL
            Tam%2C00.html

            On 13 Apr 2001, at 10:07, Lotta wrote:

            > Good morning,
            >
            > Have you seen this?
            > http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/ap/20010411/tc/brf_yahoo_porn_3.html
            >
            > And the times they are achanging-
            > Lotta

            Larry Hamilton, Jr.
            lm_hamilton@...
            http://notlimah.tripod.com/
            http://www.hamiltongensociety.org/

          • Stephen
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
              The article is at:
              http://www.internetworld.com/dotnet/03.15.01dotnetframework5.jsp

              alice ttlg wrote:

              > > I categorically refuse to program into my websites any technology that
              > > tells visitors, "Sorry, you're not welcome here." Imagine running an
              > > e-commerce site that tests to see what browser and operating system the
              > > customer is using and, finding that it's not IE on Windows, tells the
              > > customer, "Sorry, we don't want your money. Go spend it somewhere
              > > else".

              But they exist nevertheless. Of course they don't get MY money!

              > Exactly! All this does is make it that much harder for website designers,
              > having to program in so much stuff to make sure it runs on all platforms...I'm
              > going a bit bald, checking sites in IE, NN4, NN6, Opera and Lynx...
              >
              > > Does anybody here have the actual URL of any news story that says what
              > > Microsoft is or is not planning for IE6?
              >
              > I would love to see a real news story, too, so far all I've seen is rumors.
              >
              > alice ttlg

            • alice ttlg
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001

                and I said:
                > > Exactly! All this does is make it that much harder for website designers,
                > > having to program in so much stuff to make sure it runs on all
                platforms...I'm
                > > going a bit bald, checking sites in IE, NN4, NN6, Opera and Lynx...

                Paul again:
                > > > Does anybody here have the actual URL of any news story that says what
                > > > Microsoft is or is not planning for IE6?

                and me again:
                > > I would love to see a real news story, too, so far all I've seen is
                rumors.

                (just for clarity's sake) :-)

                and thanks for the news link!

                alice ttlg

                http://www.ditb.net/basement/
                The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy. -- Helen Hayes
                (at 73)
              • Dr. Paul Harder
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
                  On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:38:39 -0700, Stephen <stephen@...>
                  wrote:

                  > The article is at:
                  > http://www.internetworld.com/dotnet/03.15.01dotnetframework5.jsp

                  Well, that article does discuss some of Microsoft's plans with respect
                  to Java, but it doesn't mention JavaScript -- which is an entirely
                  different language that actually has little relationship or resemblance
                  to Java. I'm aware that Microsoft is trying to divorce itself from Java
                  (or in playground parlance, they want to "take their ball and go home").
                  But I have yet to see any credible evidence that they're also ditching
                  JavaScript. I still believe that such a move would cut their own
                  throats.

                  PH

                  Dr. Paul Harder Houston, Texas, USA pharder@...
                • Len
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
                    Hi Marco;

                    Having had a long interest in undressed ladies (artistic of course) I checked the referenced web site and received a cannot open error.

                    ????
                    Regards, Len

                    At 07:56 PM 4/13/01 +0200, you wrote:
                    >*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
                    >
                    >Alle 10.07 Friday 13/04/2001 +0200, Lotta ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:
                    >
                    >>And the times they are achanging-
                    >
                    >Gosh!
                    >I must start to draw dressed men instead of my undressed girls .... hehehehe!
                    >
                    >Look this one:
                    >
                    >Bye!
                    >
                    >Marco Bernardini

                  • Marco Bernardini
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001

                      Alle 12.57 Friday 13/04/2001 -0700, Len ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:

                      >Having had a long interest in undressed ladies (artistic of course) I
                      >checked the referenced web site and received a cannot open error.

                      Maybe Yahoo is cutting lines along with workers ;-)
                      I leave my files area open to public, so it seems very strange.
                      In any case I'll mail you privately the image.

                      Bye!

                      Marco Bernardini
                    • Len
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 14, 2001
                        Hi Marco;

                        >Maybe Yahoo is cutting lines along with workers ;-)
                        >I leave my files area open to public, so it seems very strange.
                        >In any case I'll mail you privately the image.

                        Thanks Marco, but I got through later in the day. I suspect the site was loaded down by the NTO rush to view your picture :-)). Well done.

                        Cheers, Len