Re: [NTO] Yahoo Profile

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 5, 2001
      Hi Alice,

      >You're welcome, I run a few lists too and I know how many
      >problems people have had dealing with the Yahoo system. :-( What
      >makes it worse is that there's so many places you have to go to
      >change everything, MyGroups and MyPreferences and then also
      >Delivery Options on each list's Home page and then Account Info
      >for ID and profile changes, it's enough to make your head spin!

      Boy, don't you know it! I don't know how long you've been around
      but the days of makelist.com and some other old name I forget
      were very simple and easy. Hopefully, someday, Eric and I will be
      able to afford and have the time to support our own mail server.

      >Maybe someone could create a clip that will fix everything in
      >Yahoo? :-)

      That surely is a thought! I have some clips I use now for
      managing like one to go to the list and give them the group
      policy for posting - it's a one clicker to get to the users Edit
      (in management mode), then another couple clicks because they
      want put on the first page as I have been requesting, the options
      they have under the Edit link. :(

      I though we were going to be able to use eMail addresses to
      manage the list via eMail when we merged with OneList, but I
      never saw it. Do we have that?

      c ya,
      jody

      I can only please one person a day.
      Today is obviously not your day.
      Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

      http://www.purewords.org/sojourner/
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 5, 2001
        Hi Ray, Alice, and Others,

        >The best advice (at least in my case) was to tell me unsubscribe
        >and resubscribe.

        Yep, that's the fix-all. Kind of what the HP Pavilion techs tell
        their customers - stick in the rescue disk. LOL

        >If they don't re-accept me, that will be just great. I get far
        >too much mail as it is.

        haha, let me know private eMail if you have anything pending on
        one of my lists. I have them set up differently for different
        reasons. I pay a SPAM (yes/no) game with myself and SPAM folk
        by settings options certain ways at certain times. ;->

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.purewords.org/sojourner
        http://www.purewords.org/kjb1611
        http://www.notetab.net
      • alice ttlg
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 5, 2001
          Jody wrote:
          > Boy, don't you know it! I don't know how long you've been around
          > but the days of makelist.com and some other old name I forget
          > were very simple and easy. Hopefully, someday, Eric and I will be
          > able to afford and have the time to support our own mail server.

          ooh, that would be lovely! and yes, I remember makelist! and onelist and
          egroups and now yahoogroups, wonder what it'll be next year....<grin>

          > That surely is a thought! I have some clips I use now for
          > managing like one to go to the list and give them the group
          > policy for posting - it's a one clicker to get to the users Edit
          > (in management mode), then another couple clicks because they
          > want put on the first page as I have been requesting, the options
          > they have under the Edit link. :(

          If only they'd run it the way we want it! It would be so much better...

          > I though we were going to be able to use eMail addresses to
          > manage the list via eMail when we merged with OneList, but I
          > never saw it. Do we have that?

          Well you can approve messages and new members by email but that's all. You
          have to turn on the notifications, go to your group, go to your email address,
          click Edit and check the boxes for notification about pending messages and
          members.

          But you can't do anything else, can't unbounce people, can't remove someone.
          List members can change to individual email, digest or nomail by email
          commands tho. (listname-normal@yahoogroups.com, listname-digest and
          listname-nomail)

          alice ttlg

          http://www.ditb.net/basement/
          I just said, "Well, if you're going to get all philosophical on me, it's just
          as pointless talking about a lot of things, love for instance." and he said,
          "Definitely! Most definitely! Talking about love is like dancing about
          architecture." -- Playing By Heart
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 14, 2001
            Hi Alice,

            Been out and about, sick, and busy...

            >> I though we were going to be able to use eMail addresses to
            >> manage the list via eMail when we merged with OneList, but I
            >> never saw it. Do we have that?
            >
            >Well you can approve messages and new members by email but that's
            >all. You have to turn on the notifications, go to your group, go
            >to your email address, click Edit and check the boxes for
            >notification about pending messages and members.

            Yes, I cannot even get them to put a "Use Group Policy" on the
            front page when linking to the user. Once you get to the front
            you still have to click on Edit. :-( I use one click clips, but
            it is still a drag.

            >But you can't do anything else, can't unbounce people, can't
            >remove someone.

            True, and I suggest it about every 6 months. :-(