Re: [NTO] Yahoo Profile

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 4, 2001
      Ray wrote:
      > The best advice (at least in my case) was to tell me unsubscribe and
      > resubscribe. I had previously visited all the screens and I had tried all
      > your suggestions to no avail. The off/on trick, did work well. My only

      Yup, sometimes that works when nothing else will!

      > If they don't re-accept me, that will be just great. I get far too much
      > mail as it is.

      You could always email the listowner - listname-owner@yahoogroups.com, change
      "listname" to the actual listname, of course - and explain why you had to
      unsub and sub again.

      But then again, it's also an easy way to weed out your mail! :-)

      alice ttlg

      http://www.ditb.net/basement/
      ... one suspects that a really good Pentagon spokesperson could deny the very
      existence of all earthly and cosmic matter, if asked by a superior to do so,
      with a straight face ... -- Today's Suck, 6/11/98
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 5, 2001
        Hi Alice,

        >You're welcome, I run a few lists too and I know how many
        >problems people have had dealing with the Yahoo system. :-( What
        >makes it worse is that there's so many places you have to go to
        >change everything, MyGroups and MyPreferences and then also
        >Delivery Options on each list's Home page and then Account Info
        >for ID and profile changes, it's enough to make your head spin!

        Boy, don't you know it! I don't know how long you've been around
        but the days of makelist.com and some other old name I forget
        were very simple and easy. Hopefully, someday, Eric and I will be
        able to afford and have the time to support our own mail server.

        >Maybe someone could create a clip that will fix everything in
        >Yahoo? :-)

        That surely is a thought! I have some clips I use now for
        managing like one to go to the list and give them the group
        policy for posting - it's a one clicker to get to the users Edit
        (in management mode), then another couple clicks because they
        want put on the first page as I have been requesting, the options
        they have under the Edit link. :(

        I though we were going to be able to use eMail addresses to
        manage the list via eMail when we merged with OneList, but I
        never saw it. Do we have that?

        c ya,
        jody

        I can only please one person a day.
        Today is obviously not your day.
        Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

        http://www.purewords.org/sojourner/
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 5, 2001
          Hi Ray, Alice, and Others,

          >The best advice (at least in my case) was to tell me unsubscribe
          >and resubscribe.

          Yep, that's the fix-all. Kind of what the HP Pavilion techs tell
          their customers - stick in the rescue disk. LOL

          >If they don't re-accept me, that will be just great. I get far
          >too much mail as it is.

          haha, let me know private eMail if you have anything pending on
          one of my lists. I have them set up differently for different
          reasons. I pay a SPAM (yes/no) game with myself and SPAM folk
          by settings options certain ways at certain times. ;->

          Bye for now,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.purewords.org/sojourner
          http://www.purewords.org/kjb1611
          http://www.notetab.net
        • alice ttlg
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 5, 2001
            Jody wrote:
            > Boy, don't you know it! I don't know how long you've been around
            > but the days of makelist.com and some other old name I forget
            > were very simple and easy. Hopefully, someday, Eric and I will be
            > able to afford and have the time to support our own mail server.

            ooh, that would be lovely! and yes, I remember makelist! and onelist and
            egroups and now yahoogroups, wonder what it'll be next year....<grin>

            > That surely is a thought! I have some clips I use now for
            > managing like one to go to the list and give them the group
            > policy for posting - it's a one clicker to get to the users Edit
            > (in management mode), then another couple clicks because they
            > want put on the first page as I have been requesting, the options
            > they have under the Edit link. :(

            If only they'd run it the way we want it! It would be so much better...

            > I though we were going to be able to use eMail addresses to
            > manage the list via eMail when we merged with OneList, but I
            > never saw it. Do we have that?

            Well you can approve messages and new members by email but that's all. You
            have to turn on the notifications, go to your group, go to your email address,
            click Edit and check the boxes for notification about pending messages and
            members.

            But you can't do anything else, can't unbounce people, can't remove someone.
            List members can change to individual email, digest or nomail by email
            commands tho. (listname-normal@yahoogroups.com, listname-digest and
            listname-nomail)

            alice ttlg

            http://www.ditb.net/basement/
            I just said, "Well, if you're going to get all philosophical on me, it's just
            as pointless talking about a lot of things, love for instance." and he said,
            "Definitely! Most definitely! Talking about love is like dancing about
            architecture." -- Playing By Heart
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 14, 2001
              Hi Alice,

              Been out and about, sick, and busy...

              >> I though we were going to be able to use eMail addresses to
              >> manage the list via eMail when we merged with OneList, but I
              >> never saw it. Do we have that?
              >
              >Well you can approve messages and new members by email but that's
              >all. You have to turn on the notifications, go to your group, go
              >to your email address, click Edit and check the boxes for
              >notification about pending messages and members.

              Yes, I cannot even get them to put a "Use Group Policy" on the
              front page when linking to the user. Once you get to the front
              you still have to click on Edit. :-( I use one click clips, but
              it is still a drag.

              >But you can't do anything else, can't unbounce people, can't
              >remove someone.

              True, and I suggest it about every 6 months. :-(