Re: [NTO] Yahoo Profile

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 4, 2001
      Alice and Jody

      The best advice (at least in my case) was to tell me unsubscribe and
      resubscribe. I had previously visited all the screens and I had tried all
      your suggestions to no avail. The off/on trick, did work well. My only
      concern now is that one of the lists I've been on for a long time passes
      "judgment" on all new applicants. For that list, I'm now listed as
      "pending".

      If they don't re-accept me, that will be just great. I get far too much
      mail as it is.

      Thanks again for the help.

      Ray Shapp
      Watchung, NJ
    • alice ttlg
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 4, 2001
        Ray wrote:
        > The best advice (at least in my case) was to tell me unsubscribe and
        > resubscribe. I had previously visited all the screens and I had tried all
        > your suggestions to no avail. The off/on trick, did work well. My only

        Yup, sometimes that works when nothing else will!

        > If they don't re-accept me, that will be just great. I get far too much
        > mail as it is.

        You could always email the listowner - listname-owner@yahoogroups.com, change
        "listname" to the actual listname, of course - and explain why you had to
        unsub and sub again.

        But then again, it's also an easy way to weed out your mail! :-)

        alice ttlg

        http://www.ditb.net/basement/
        ... one suspects that a really good Pentagon spokesperson could deny the very
        existence of all earthly and cosmic matter, if asked by a superior to do so,
        with a straight face ... -- Today's Suck, 6/11/98
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 5, 2001
          Hi Alice,

          >You're welcome, I run a few lists too and I know how many
          >problems people have had dealing with the Yahoo system. :-( What
          >makes it worse is that there's so many places you have to go to
          >change everything, MyGroups and MyPreferences and then also
          >Delivery Options on each list's Home page and then Account Info
          >for ID and profile changes, it's enough to make your head spin!

          Boy, don't you know it! I don't know how long you've been around
          but the days of makelist.com and some other old name I forget
          were very simple and easy. Hopefully, someday, Eric and I will be
          able to afford and have the time to support our own mail server.

          >Maybe someone could create a clip that will fix everything in
          >Yahoo? :-)

          That surely is a thought! I have some clips I use now for
          managing like one to go to the list and give them the group
          policy for posting - it's a one clicker to get to the users Edit
          (in management mode), then another couple clicks because they
          want put on the first page as I have been requesting, the options
          they have under the Edit link. :(

          I though we were going to be able to use eMail addresses to
          manage the list via eMail when we merged with OneList, but I
          never saw it. Do we have that?

          c ya,
          jody

          I can only please one person a day.
          Today is obviously not your day.
          Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

          http://www.purewords.org/sojourner/
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 5, 2001
            Hi Ray, Alice, and Others,

            >The best advice (at least in my case) was to tell me unsubscribe
            >and resubscribe.

            Yep, that's the fix-all. Kind of what the HP Pavilion techs tell
            their customers - stick in the rescue disk. LOL

            >If they don't re-accept me, that will be just great. I get far
            >too much mail as it is.

            haha, let me know private eMail if you have anything pending on
            one of my lists. I have them set up differently for different
            reasons. I pay a SPAM (yes/no) game with myself and SPAM folk
            by settings options certain ways at certain times. ;->

            Bye for now,
            Jody Adair
            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

            http://www.purewords.org/sojourner
            http://www.purewords.org/kjb1611
            http://www.notetab.net
          • alice ttlg
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 5, 2001
              Jody wrote:
              > Boy, don't you know it! I don't know how long you've been around
              > but the days of makelist.com and some other old name I forget
              > were very simple and easy. Hopefully, someday, Eric and I will be
              > able to afford and have the time to support our own mail server.

              ooh, that would be lovely! and yes, I remember makelist! and onelist and
              egroups and now yahoogroups, wonder what it'll be next year....<grin>

              > That surely is a thought! I have some clips I use now for
              > managing like one to go to the list and give them the group
              > policy for posting - it's a one clicker to get to the users Edit
              > (in management mode), then another couple clicks because they
              > want put on the first page as I have been requesting, the options
              > they have under the Edit link. :(

              If only they'd run it the way we want it! It would be so much better...

              > I though we were going to be able to use eMail addresses to
              > manage the list via eMail when we merged with OneList, but I
              > never saw it. Do we have that?

              Well you can approve messages and new members by email but that's all. You
              have to turn on the notifications, go to your group, go to your email address,
              click Edit and check the boxes for notification about pending messages and
              members.

              But you can't do anything else, can't unbounce people, can't remove someone.
              List members can change to individual email, digest or nomail by email
              commands tho. (listname-normal@yahoogroups.com, listname-digest and
              listname-nomail)

              alice ttlg

              http://www.ditb.net/basement/
              I just said, "Well, if you're going to get all philosophical on me, it's just
              as pointless talking about a lot of things, love for instance." and he said,
              "Definitely! Most definitely! Talking about love is like dancing about
              architecture." -- Playing By Heart
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 14, 2001
                Hi Alice,

                Been out and about, sick, and busy...

                >> I though we were going to be able to use eMail addresses to
                >> manage the list via eMail when we merged with OneList, but I
                >> never saw it. Do we have that?
                >
                >Well you can approve messages and new members by email but that's
                >all. You have to turn on the notifications, go to your group, go
                >to your email address, click Edit and check the boxes for
                >notification about pending messages and members.

                Yes, I cannot even get them to put a "Use Group Policy" on the
                front page when linking to the user. Once you get to the front
                you still have to click on Edit. :-( I use one click clips, but
                it is still a drag.

                >But you can't do anything else, can't unbounce people, can't
                >remove someone.

                True, and I suggest it about every 6 months. :-(