Re: [NTO] New Drive

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2000
      Hi Larry & Harvey,

      Thanks for the info guys! I'll put it to use.

      Happy Off-Topic'n!

      mailto:NoteTab-OT-Subscribe@...
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2000
        Hi All,

        Thanks for all your input a few weeks ago about swinging my old
        data over to my new drive. Murphy's law prevailed though - if
        anything can go wrong, it will. :) All in all it went pretty
        well though considering xcopy would not allow the /h and /k
        options to copy hidden files and save attributes. A few of the
        folders got truncated as well.

        I ended up having to install Win98SE over the xcopy 'cause I did
        not keel like deleting it, and then after coming up on it did a
        drag drop on everything that I could. Went back into DOS and
        finished partitioning the others drives and then drag/dropped my
        old drives into each of them respectively. Only lost a shortcut
        on my Taskbar and one in my Start menu. All data appears to be
        intact and all my programs that use the system files all work. I
        did back up my registry and reinstalled it just in case.

        mailto:ntb-OffTopic@egroups.com-Subscribe@...