Re: [NTO] FTP - uploads

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2001
      > >Ws_FtpLE is still a freeware version
      >
      > But you must tell it you're a student using it at home for educational use
      > only ;-)

      I just said I was installing at home for personal use, you don't have to be a
      student.

      and it doesn't look like there's a free version of CuteFTP, just a 30 day
      trial that gets disabled at the end of 30 days.

      alice ttlg

      http://www.ditb.net/basement/
      We know of an ancient radiation/That haunts dismembered constellations/A
      faintly glimmering radio station.... -- "Frank Sinatra" by Cake
    • alice ttlg
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4, 2001
        > If you're concerned about security, here is an abstract of the last "CERT
        > Advisory".
        > I strongly suggest everybody to subscribe their mailing list: a few
        > messages, but very interesting.
        > The site is http://www.cert.org/
        >
        > Bye!
        > Marco Bernardini

        I was subbed to that list for a couple years but probably 90% of the alerts I
        got were related to OS other than Windows (which is all I use) plus it's often
        in such technospeak that most casual users won't understand much of it (imho).

        And I wouldn't try to sub a mailing list to it, btw. :-) But you could pass
        the info on to mailing lists so that members could join it individually.

        It's a good website for info about hoaxes as well.

        alice ttlg

        http://www.ditb.net/basement/
        The English language is the result of Norman soldiers trying to set up dates
        with Saxon barmaids....
      • Jim Hall
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2001
          At 07:10 AM 4/4/01, you wrote:
          > > >Ws_FtpLE is still a freeware version
          > >
          > > But you must tell it you're a student using it at home for educational use
          > > only ;-)
          >
          >I just said I was installing at home for personal use, you don't have to be a
          >student.
          >
          >and it doesn't look like there's a free version of CuteFTP, just a 30 day
          >trial that gets disabled at the end of 30 days.

          FWIW

          For anyone interested in either WS_FTP or CuteFTp there is a list for both
          similar but not quite the same a this list right here on yahoogroups.

          Subscribe: CuteFTP-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Subscribe: WS_FTP-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          When you subscribe, they will automatically send you updates.

          Jim