Re: [NTO] FTP - uploads

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2001

      Alle 05.40 Wednesday 04/04/2001 -0500, Jody ha mandato a Marco questo
      messaggio:

      >Ws_FtpLE is still a freeware version

      But you must tell it you're a student using it at home for educational use
      only ;-)

      I must learn to use DOS ftp because it's difficult to find other programs
      on "common people" programs, and often I must transfer files from strange
      places...

      Bye!

      Marco Bernardini
    • alice ttlg
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4, 2001
        > >Ws_FtpLE is still a freeware version
        >
        > But you must tell it you're a student using it at home for educational use
        > only ;-)

        I just said I was installing at home for personal use, you don't have to be a
        student.

        and it doesn't look like there's a free version of CuteFTP, just a 30 day
        trial that gets disabled at the end of 30 days.

        alice ttlg

        http://www.ditb.net/basement/
        We know of an ancient radiation/That haunts dismembered constellations/A
        faintly glimmering radio station.... -- "Frank Sinatra" by Cake
      • alice ttlg
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2001
          > If you're concerned about security, here is an abstract of the last "CERT
          > Advisory".
          > I strongly suggest everybody to subscribe their mailing list: a few
          > messages, but very interesting.
          > The site is http://www.cert.org/
          >
          > Bye!
          > Marco Bernardini

          I was subbed to that list for a couple years but probably 90% of the alerts I
          got were related to OS other than Windows (which is all I use) plus it's often
          in such technospeak that most casual users won't understand much of it (imho).

          And I wouldn't try to sub a mailing list to it, btw. :-) But you could pass
          the info on to mailing lists so that members could join it individually.

          It's a good website for info about hoaxes as well.

          alice ttlg

          http://www.ditb.net/basement/
          The English language is the result of Norman soldiers trying to set up dates
          with Saxon barmaids....
        • Jim Hall
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4, 2001
            At 07:10 AM 4/4/01, you wrote:
            > > >Ws_FtpLE is still a freeware version
            > >
            > > But you must tell it you're a student using it at home for educational use
            > > only ;-)
            >
            >I just said I was installing at home for personal use, you don't have to be a
            >student.
            >
            >and it doesn't look like there's a free version of CuteFTP, just a 30 day
            >trial that gets disabled at the end of 30 days.

            FWIW

            For anyone interested in either WS_FTP or CuteFTp there is a list for both
            similar but not quite the same a this list right here on yahoogroups.

            Subscribe: CuteFTP-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            Subscribe: WS_FTP-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            When you subscribe, they will automatically send you updates.

            Jim