Re: [NTO] NTP won't get out of the way.

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21 6:36 AM
      Gail,

      Here is the clip, in case other's are interested. Watch for long
      lines, there are several. Also if you do not enter a value for a
      parameter it still works just fine. Be careful with your ini file(s), see
      comments below.

      HTH,

      Larry

      H="NoteTab CommandLine"
      ;04/29/2000
      ;Revised 07/23/2000
      ;Larry Hamilton lm_hamilton@...
      ^!SetListDelimiter=|
      ^!Set %path%=^$GetAppPath$
      ^!Set %pgm%=^?{NoteTab
      Version?==Standard^=NoteTab.exe|_Pro^=NotePro.exe}

      ;Borrowed the _FillLibraryList clip and part of the SwitchLibrary clip
      from the Utilities.clb. Thanks to Eric for pointing out why this
      method is needed. Any Libraries that start with an "_" (underscore)
      need to have a space added in from of them, since the "_" has a
      special meaning in clip wizards. A major case of "if it was a snake
      it would have bit me." Thanks to Eric & Jody for their patience!
      ;^!Clip FillLibraryList
      ^!FarClip Utilities:FillLibraryList
      ^!Set %LibraryName%=^?{(H=10)Choose a
      library==_^%LibraryList%}
      ^!Set %lib%=^$StrDelete("^%LibraryName%";1;1)$

      ;**_CAUTION_**: Be careful with the use of the NoteTab.ini file. I
      trashed one and had to restore from backup. Be sure your ini files
      are backed up unless you do not mind re-creating all of your
      NoteTab settings, if there is a problem. ;)
      ^!Set
      %ini%=^$StrReplace("^$GetAppPath$";;"^$GetFiles("^$GetAppPath
      $";"*.ini")$";False;False)$
      ^!Set %ini%=^?{(H=15)Choose ini to Open==^%ini%}
      ^!Set %ini%=^$StrReplace(".ini";;"^%ini%";False;False)$
      ;Generates an Instance of NoteTab. Use needs to configure for their preferences.
      ^!Set %inst%=^?{Instance?=="HTML Editing"|"Java"|Default^=""}
      ;Since the ClipBar *.ctb files are in the Library directory, the ^$GetLibraryPath$ function can do double duty.
      ^!Set %bar%=^$StrReplace("^$GetLibraryPath$";;"^$GetFiles("^$GetLibraryPath$";"*.ctb")$";False;False)$
      ^!Set %bar%=^?{(H=15)Choose ClipBar to Open==^%bar%}
      ^!Set %bar%=^$StrReplace(".ctb";;"^%bar%";False;False)$

      ;Show the NoteTab Commandline that is created. This can then be copied and used to create a clip to launch different configurations of NoteTab.
      ;If you want to create a commandline that will launch a specific clip in the selected library, put a colon and the clip name after it like "/L=LibraryName:ClipName" I find this handy for running a specialized clip that ne
      eds to close all open documents. I tend to leave all of the documents I am currently working on open, so when I open NoteTab, I know what I was in the middle of. Yes, I know about favorites, but NoteTab lets me "do it my
      way." ;)
      ^!Info "^%path%^%pgm%"/L="^%lib%" /C=^%bar%
      /INST="^%inst%" /INI="^%ini%"
      ^!Delay 15
      ^!AppendToFile
      "D:\NoteTab\Documents\NoteTabCommandLines.txt"
      "^%path%^%pgm%"/L="^%lib%" /C=^%bar% /INST="^%inst%"
      /INI="^%ini%"
      ^!Open "D:\NoteTab\Documents\NoteTabCommandLines.txt"

      ^!Run "^%path%^%pgm%" /L="^%lib%"
      /C=^%bar% /INST="^%inst%" /INI="^%ini%"
      <end clip>