Re: [NTO] Keyboard shortcuts

  • Carl Swann
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2001
      gail wrote:

      > Who prefers to use the keyboard over the mouse? Just curious.
      > Thanks
      > Gail

      Wherever I can use the keyboard, I usually will... up to a maximum of
      4 or 5 keys in sequence :-)
      After that, it's simpler to use the mouse.

      FWIW, I got myself a cordless (radio transmitter) mouse a couple of
      months ago, and I'll never go back to the corded again! Logitech
      Cordless Wheel Mouse. Maybe next, I'll have to get a cordless keyboard
      - then I could stay in bed and work all day!

      oOOo-(_)-oOOo
    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21, 2001
        I Do. I also prefer numeric keypad to mouse.
        Stephen

        gail wrote:

        > Who prefers to use the keyboard over the mouse? Just curious.
        > Thanks
        > Gail

      • Len
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22, 2001
          Hello Gail, All;

          I have found the ergonomic keyboard with a built in touchpad to
          be the best for me. I use the mouse extensively and I also have
          a large girth (size 44 jacket, US :-). I haven't seen these
          advertized for several years.

          Cheers, Len

          >gail wrote:
          >>
          >> Who prefers to use the keyboard over the mouse? Just curious.
          >> Thanks
          >> Gail
        • thefrank
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 22, 2001
            Hello Gail, et.al.

            I use the mouse more, but the keyboard is faster for many tasks, as
            most of you already know.

            I would like to find a way to quickly assign keyboard macro
            combinations to the 10 key pad. Then with one hand I could just enter
            a number (e.g. 1235) and easily do incidental repetitive tasks. The
            decimal could be used to delimit subroutines (e.g. 1237.34 or
            1237.96) depending on the use.

            Seems obvious to me, so somebody probably has this already.

            Wouldn't it be great to assign Clip functions like this as well?

            regards,

            tf