Re: [NTO] New Drive

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 16, 2000
      Jody,

      Addendum; Just make sure the floppy has sys.com on it.

      hrs

      --
      ¿? Harvey R. Savage
      ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 16, 2000
        Jody,

        If you decide to go with a bootable floppy do these steps. Any
        other input is welcome.

        1. Make a bootable floppy (Startup disk)

        2. Make sure it has sys.com on it, you also should make a copy
        of the system files on your C:drive - IO.SYS, MSDOS.SYS or,
        whatever they're called in Win98 to a temp directory or, another
        floppy. If sys.com overwrites them you can copy your originals
        back to the root dir.

        3. If Windows creates an Autoexec.bat on the floppy you probably
        should edit it so the floppy won't try to start Windows. Don't
        know if it would but, it would be safer to check.

        ???? If anyone can point out anything I've omitted Please, Jump
        in!

        ¿? Harvey R. Savage
        ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
        ¿? Eldorado, IL 62930
        ¿? 618-273-5003
        ¿? icq 21106393
        ¿? hsavage@...
        ¿? (ktcalci)
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 16, 2000
          Hi Harvey,

          > Pardon me for butting in since this was to Larry but I'm not
          > sure you would lose long filenames if you're using the same
          > registry files.

          No problem, we expect that on discussion lists. We do it all the
          time. Thanks for the other posts. Yes, I will ensure Windows
          puts sys.com on it.