Re: [NTO] New Drive

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 16, 2000
      Jody,

      Pardon me for butting in since this was to Larry but I'm not sure
      you would lose long filenames if you're using the same registry
      files.

      If you can get Larry to rent you a copy of his software that
      should definitely take care of long filenames.

      hrs

      --
      ¿? Harvey R. Savage
      ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 16, 2000
        Jody,

        Right on!

        hrs

        --
        ¿? Harvey R. Savage
        ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 16, 2000
          Jody,

          Addendum; Just make sure the floppy has sys.com on it.

          hrs

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 16, 2000
            Jody,

            If you decide to go with a bootable floppy do these steps. Any
            other input is welcome.

            1. Make a bootable floppy (Startup disk)

            2. Make sure it has sys.com on it, you also should make a copy
            of the system files on your C:drive - IO.SYS, MSDOS.SYS or,
            whatever they're called in Win98 to a temp directory or, another
            floppy. If sys.com overwrites them you can copy your originals
            back to the root dir.

            3. If Windows creates an Autoexec.bat on the floppy you probably
            should edit it so the floppy won't try to start Windows. Don't
            know if it would but, it would be safer to check.

            ???? If anyone can point out anything I've omitted Please, Jump
            in!

            ¿? Harvey R. Savage
            ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
            ¿? Eldorado, IL 62930
            ¿? 618-273-5003
            ¿? icq 21106393
            ¿? hsavage@...
            ¿? (ktcalci)
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 16, 2000
              Hi Harvey,

              > Pardon me for butting in since this was to Larry but I'm not
              > sure you would lose long filenames if you're using the same
              > registry files.

              No problem, we expect that on discussion lists. We do it all the
              time. Thanks for the other posts. Yes, I will ensure Windows
              puts sys.com on it.