Re: [NTO] Motherboard and Processor

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 5, 2001
      Hi Doc,

      >>FIC AZ11E RETAIL BOX 2 YR WARRANTY AZ-11-E ATA100 Socket A

      >I'd go ahead and go with the ABit MB Jody, for the reasons we
      >chatted about on the phone :)
      >I am just paranoid about the FIC because of their mother board
      >specific drivers - but my AMD K6-iii 450mhz is sitting on an FIC
      >MB and does fine with everything but you know what <HG>
      >And the new tower and PS sound like good choices also.

      Thank, I'll look into some other boards also, but I believe it
      was your NVidia TNT with the MB causing the problem for you and
      NoteTab. I send the sucker back if it does not work with
      NoteTab. <bg>

      Thanks!
      Jody

      Clean-Funnies: click and send...
      mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 5, 2001
        Jody,

        At 08:57 AM 3/5/01, you wrote:
        >Hi Jim,
        >

        >So, are you saying if I go with a 800Mhz and 526MB that it should
        >out perform a 1.1Ghz and 256MB? Or, should I go ahead with the
        >latter and at a later date add the 256MB RAM to it?

        If I had to make that choice, I'd take the 1.1 Ghz (If I didn't have to
        worry about an overly warm environment) and add more ram later. 256MB will
        be okay for awhile yet.

        Jim