Re: [NTO] Motherboard and Processor

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 5 10:55 AM
      At 01:09 PM 3/5/2001 +0000, you wrote:
      >FIC AZ11E RETAIL BOX 2 YR WARRANTY AZ-11-E ATA100 Socket A
      >1a/1cnr/5p/3d/ 2usb AZ11-E iNSTOCK with cpu - AMD Thunderbird
      >1.1Ghz 1100Mhz Socket A, 3DNow! (K7) & Heatsink and Cooling Fan
      >Complete Set INSTOCK $ 306 Shipping: Starts Between $12-$15
      >Tufshop.com 888-919-1101
      >
      >It would cost me about $75 more to go with ABit in a comparable
      >MB and the 1.1Ghz. I figured I'd go ahead and get a mid-tower
      >w/300W power supply and it will make it much easier for me that
      >way.

      I'd go ahead and go with the ABit MB Jody, for the reasons we chatted about
      on the phone :)
      I am just paranoid about the FIC because of their mother board specific
      drivers - but my AMD K6-iii 450mhz is sitting on an FIC MB and does fine
      with everything but you know what <HG>
      And the new tower and PS sound like good choices also.
      Doc
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 5 11:00 AM
        Hi Doc,

        >>FIC AZ11E RETAIL BOX 2 YR WARRANTY AZ-11-E ATA100 Socket A

        >I'd go ahead and go with the ABit MB Jody, for the reasons we
        >chatted about on the phone :)
        >I am just paranoid about the FIC because of their mother board
        >specific drivers - but my AMD K6-iii 450mhz is sitting on an FIC
        >MB and does fine with everything but you know what <HG>
        >And the new tower and PS sound like good choices also.

        Thank, I'll look into some other boards also, but I believe it
        was your NVidia TNT with the MB causing the problem for you and
        NoteTab. I send the sucker back if it does not work with
        NoteTab. <bg>

        Thanks!
        Jody

        Clean-Funnies: click and send...
        mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
      • Jim Hall
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 5 6:57 PM
          Jody,

          At 08:57 AM 3/5/01, you wrote:
          >Hi Jim,
          >

          >So, are you saying if I go with a 800Mhz and 526MB that it should
          >out perform a 1.1Ghz and 256MB? Or, should I go ahead with the
          >latter and at a later date add the 256MB RAM to it?

          If I had to make that choice, I'd take the 1.1 Ghz (If I didn't have to
          worry about an overly warm environment) and add more ram later. 256MB will
          be okay for awhile yet.

          Jim