Re: [NTO] Memory from Crucial

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2001
      Hi Doc,

      >>From: crucialnews@...
      >
      >And I really appreciate the post!
      >
      >I was able to get a 256mb 133mhz ram for $83.69 and 10 bucks to
      >overnight it. (used the 10% online discount to pay the shipping).
      >It arrived Monday morning and I ordered it Saturday night at 7pm
      >Eastern time. Not bad, not bad at all!

      Yep, I got me the free 2nd day (late, but big deal - they may
      have tried to deliver and since we were not at the old address
      the driver didn't leave it, but "our" driver knows where to leave
      deliveries and there was special instructions on the order) so
      methinks it is just late - no biggie. Got me:

      Qty: 1
      Part No: CT32M64S4D7E
      Price: 94.49
      Upgrade for: UNSPECIFIED

      Line total: 94.49

      Line Item Subtotal: $94.49
      Freight Charges : $0.00
      Sales Tax : $6.14

      Order Subtotal : $100.63

      I saw the $83.69 but went the next grade up which probably
      amounts to a hill of beans... :) I mean what's a clock cycle for
      startup speed when you are talking in nano seconds. <g> A sales
      thing at best, but then every little bit adds up and helps in the
      long run and when thinking of advancement in electronics, "you
      have to learn to crawl before you walk." ;) In other words,
      there was a 33 modem before 56 and copper before fiber, etc.

      There are certainly other places to buy and you can get generic
      for even quite a bit cheaper, but Crucial is well respected and
      has name brand stuff, great support 800 number in US and Canada,
      etc. I have never had a problem out of the generic which is
      probably made by the name brand companies (so you are basically
      getting the same stuff), but for a "few" extra bucks why not go
      with the good for sure stuff. ;)