Force a Window

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
      Hi All

      Is there any way to predict which instance of your browser's windows will be
      used when more than one instance is open and you click on a URL in an email
      message? Is there a way to force the new URL to come up in a particular
      instance?

      I'm using MS Outlook Express V5 and MS Internet Explorer V5.

      Thanks for the help,

      Ray Shapp
    • thefrank
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
        Hi Ray,

        Generally, in Windows, if you hold down the Ctrl key then hit the
        link, the URL will open in a new browser (instance). Its an OS thingy.

        I hope this helps

        regards,

        tf
      • Marco Bernardini
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001

          Alle 04.58 Friday 02/03/2001 +0000, thefrank ha mandato a Marco questo
          messaggio:

          >Generally, in Windows, if you hold down the Ctrl key then hit the
          >link, the URL will open in a new browser (instance). Its an OS thingy.

          Just in MSIE: with NS the same window is used.
          BTW, with NS 4.7 you can "save as..." with shift-click.

          Bye!

          Marco Bernardini