Force a Window

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 8:41 PM
      Hi All

      Is there any way to predict which instance of your browser's windows will be
      used when more than one instance is open and you click on a URL in an email
      message? Is there a way to force the new URL to come up in a particular
      instance?

      I'm using MS Outlook Express V5 and MS Internet Explorer V5.

      Thanks for the help,

      Ray Shapp
    • thefrank
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1 8:58 PM
        Hi Ray,

        Generally, in Windows, if you hold down the Ctrl key then hit the
        link, the URL will open in a new browser (instance). Its an OS thingy.

        I hope this helps

        regards,

        tf
      • Marco Bernardini
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2 12:41 AM

          Alle 04.58 Friday 02/03/2001 +0000, thefrank ha mandato a Marco questo
          messaggio:

          >Generally, in Windows, if you hold down the Ctrl key then hit the
          >link, the URL will open in a new browser (instance). Its an OS thingy.

          Just in MSIE: with NS the same window is used.
          BTW, with NS 4.7 you can "save as..." with shift-click.

          Bye!

          Marco Bernardini