Re: [NTO] MIS applications software

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2001
      Hi All:
      Is anyone on the list familar with MIS applications software ...
      I need to cram for a test .... ?

      Bill Scott

    • thefrank
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2001
        Hi Bill,

        This may help:

        http://www.unix-vs-nt.org/kirch/

        a comprehensive discussion of MIS platforms and apps with loads of
        links for further investigation. while slightly dated, this article
        is a standard reference in the *open-source* movement.

        nowadays, MIS apps are usually platform-specific. depending on what
        you are testing for, you may need to cram for a specific software
        group. I suspect however, that it would be well worth the time to
        gain an historical perspective on how the current-use systems
        actually developed.

        regards,

        tf