Backing up Notetab Pro files

  • Paul King
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 14, 2001
      Hi Notetabbers:

      Can someone please give me a complete list of files to back up
      in Notepad Pro? I can see that documents is one, but I may be
      overlooking others.

      Paul King
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 14, 2001
        Hi Paul,

        >Can someone please give me a complete list of files to back up
        >in Notepad Pro? I can see that documents is one, but I may be
        >overlooking others.

        All you need to do is back up the "Setup for NoteTab Pro 484.exe"
        file that is extracted from the upgrade file. Here is a list for
        you though generated by a Clip Claes and I did.

        Total files: 128
        Total size: 2.97MB

        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\ClipHelp.clh 65.42KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Default.ebc 2.18KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\Default.udt 3.37KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\EfoMacro.dll 57.50KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Glossary.otl 101.93KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Anchor.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\ArrowLeft.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\ArrowRight.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\AutoCorrect.clb 25.41KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\B.bmp 0.20KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\BigText.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\BlockSelector.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Body.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Bookmark.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\BR.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Calc.bmp 0.33KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\CaptureLinks.clb 5.78KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\cbrepost.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\ClassSelector.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Colors.bmp 0.30KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Comment.bmp 0.23KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\CompareText.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\convcf.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\convci.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\convfc.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\convic.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\convkm.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\convkp.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\convmk.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\convpk.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\CopyPaste.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\CSS1.clb 16.51KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\CSS1.ctb 0.75KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\CutPaste.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\DIV.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\DupLine.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\EC.bmp 0.33KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\EF.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Euro.clb 3.26KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Explorer.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Form.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\FormatEmail.clb 3.77KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Frame.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\FrameSet.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\FTP.clb 13.19KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Home.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\HorizontalBar.bmp 0.17KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\HR.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Htm2Txt.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\HTML.clb 27.84KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\HTML-1.ctb 0.92KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\HTML-2.ctb 1.02KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\HTML-ar.clb 15.31KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Hx.bmp 0.20KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\HyperLink.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\I.bmp 0.20KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\IdSelector.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Image.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\InlineSelector.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\InputButton.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\InputCheckbox.bmp 0.23KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\InputRadioButton.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\InputSubmit.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\InputText.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\InsertCell.bmp 0.23KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\InsertRow.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\LinkImage.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\LinkStyle.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\LinkToBookmark.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Lol.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\MailTo.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\MultilineInput.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\nb.bmp 0.20KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\NoFrames.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Otl2Htm.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\PasteClips.clb 3.02KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\RemindMe.clb 2.09KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\SampleCode.clb 21.09KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Script.bmp 0.23KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Select.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\SmallText.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Smilies.clb 4.13KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Span.bmp 0.19KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\SpecialChar.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Style.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Symbol.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Table.bmp 0.30KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\TableWiz.bmp 0.30KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\TD.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\TidyHtmlCode.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\TopStyle.clb 4.15KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\TopStyle.ctb 0.27KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\TR.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\tsattr.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\tsblock.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\tsfile.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\tslink.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\tsopen.bmp 0.33KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Txt2Htm.bmp 0.24KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Underline.bmp 0.22KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Utilities.clb 44.71KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Utilities.ctb 1.09KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\License.txt 6.40KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Notepad.stb 19.00KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe 1863.00KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NOTEPRO.fpr 0.09KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.ini 5.19KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NoteTab.cnt 6.89KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NoteTab.hlp 236.10KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\ombudsmn.txt 1.14KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Order.txt 5.60KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\QuickRef.txt 3.61KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\ReadMe.otl 20.88KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\ReadMe.txt 6.07KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Remove.exe 276.13KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Remove.log 8.47KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Samples\Data.txt 0.32KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Samples\Ebcdic.cob 1.66KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Samples\FarClips.dat 0.12KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\SPELL.CFG 0.29KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Spell.hlp 28.59KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Templates\CSS1.tpl 5.05KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Templates\FTP.tpl 0.14KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Templates\HTML.tpl 4.18KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Templates\Sample.tpl 1.95KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Tips.lst 4.26KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Tips.ndx 0.14KB
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\WhatsNew.txt 91.79KB

        2/14/01 7:41:33 PM
        Start time: 41:31
        Collection done: 41:32
        Start spaces: 41:32
        End time: 41:33

      • Paul King
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 14, 2001
          At 07:44 PM 2/14/2001 -0600, you wrote:

          >Hi Paul,
          >
          > >Can someone please give me a complete list of files to back up
          > >in Notepad Pro? I can see that documents is one, but I may be
          > >overlooking others.
          >
          >All you need to do is back up the "Setup for NoteTab Pro 484.exe"
          >file that is extracted from the upgrade file. Here is a list for
          >you though generated by a Clip Claes and I did.

          Hi Jody:

          I was thinking mostly in terms of text files that I generate. 8--))
          Thanks anyway.

          PK
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 14, 2001
            Hi Paul,

            >I was thinking mostly in terms of text files that I generate. 8--))
            >Thanks anyway.

            I nor NoteTab knows whet text files you generate. :) Sorry.
            Your text files would be all .txt except for the obvious ones
            like license.txt, ReadMe.txt, WhatsNew.txt, etc.

          • Paul King
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 14, 2001
              At 08:49 PM 2/14/2001 -0600, you wrote:
              >I nor NoteTab knows whet text files you generate. :) Sorry.
              >Your text files would be all .txt except for the obvious ones
              >like license.txt, ReadMe.txt, WhatsNew.txt, etc.
              >
              >Happy Topics,
              >Jody

              Jody,

              Thanks. That's what I wanted to know. I have an idea it would
              be wiser for me to back up your entire list, though. Nothing
              overlooked that way.

              PK
            • Paul King
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 14, 2001
                At 09:35 PM 2/14/2001 -0600, you wrote:
                >If you backup the installation file, then you have all it takes
                >there to install NoteTab. When you do an uninstall the uninstall
                >program will not mess with your files. So, if you want to know
                >what your files are do an uninstall and you will be left with
                >them. ;)
                >
                >Happy Topics,
                >Jody

                Jody,

                Great idea. I like it. Thanks.

                PK
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 14, 2001
                  Hi Paul,

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 14, 2001
                    Hi Paul,

                    >>If you backup the installation file, then you have all it takes
                    >>there to install NoteTab. When you do an uninstall the uninstall
                    >>program will not mess with your files. So, if you want to know
                    >>what your files are do an uninstall and you will be left with
                    >>them. ;)

                    >Great idea. I like it. Thanks.

                    You know where to write me should your backup fail when you go to
                    reinstall.

                    Sincerely,
                    Jody Adair
                    Customer Sales and Support
                    Support@...

                    Fookes Software
                    P.O Box 998
                    Milton, FL 32572-0998 USA

                    Freeware and Shareware
                    NoteTab, Mailbag, Album Express, Screen Savers
                    http://www.notetab.com
                    http://www.fookes.com

                    The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
                    Libraries, Clips, and...
                    http://www.notetab.net
                  • Paul King
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 14, 2001
                      At 09:56 PM 2/14/2001 -0600, you wrote:
                      >You know where to write me should your backup fail when you go to
                      >reinstall

                      How could I ever forget. 8--)) PK
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 15, 2001
                        Hi Paul,

                        NotePro.ini is one of NoteTab's files, so you may want to make a
                        copy of it so you do not have to setup all your options. I hope
                        I am not too late in telling you that, but if so, it helps you to
                        learn the features better anyway. ;)

                        >I was thinking mostly in terms of text files that I generate. 8--))
                        >Thanks anyway.

                        I nor NoteTab knows whet text files you generate. :) Sorry.
                        Your text files would be all .txt except for the obvious ones
                        like license.txt, ReadMe.txt, WhatsNew.txt, etc.

                      • lloyd2
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 30, 2003
                          Hi All,

                          I just had a major meltdown on my computer. I decided to move up to Windows
                          XP Pro since I had to completely set up everything. After a couple of days
                          of complete confusion and panic I think I have almost everything back to
                          where it was. One exception. I want NoteTab Pro to be in my system tray
                          when I start up the computer.

                          After I start NTP then the icon stays in the tray but how do I get it there
                          on startup?

                          Lloyd
                        • Jim Hall
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 30, 2003
                            Lloyd,

                            At 08:28 AM 6/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:
                            >Hi All,
                            >
                            >I just had a major meltdown on my computer. I decided to move up to Windows
                            >XP Pro since I had to completely set up everything. After a couple of days
                            >of complete confusion and panic I think I have almost everything back to
                            >where it was. One exception. I want NoteTab Pro to be in my system tray
                            >when I start up the computer.
                            >
                            >After I start NTP then the icon stays in the tray but how do I get it there
                            >on startup?

                            Congrats on stepping up to XP.

                            The easiest way is to put a shortcut to NTP into your startup folder at C:\Documents and Settings\LLOYD\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
                            (if you logon as LLOYD) if you want it available only for your use
                            or
                            at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup if you want it available for all users.

                            You might have to change the properties in the shortcut to have it startup with the window minimized, or just click on the red X after the system boots up if NTP opens full screen at startup.

                            Regards,

                            Jim
                          • Scott Fordin
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 30, 2003
                              lloyd2 wrote:
                              > After I start NTP then the icon stays in the tray but how do I get it there
                              > on startup?

                              Try putting the NTP shorcut in your Startup folder.

                              Scott
                            • lloyd2
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 30, 2003
                                Hi Jim & Scott,