How do you get rid of the desktop.ini file?

  • Yaz
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2001
      How do you get rid of the desktop.ini file in the "My Documents" folder?

      Some of you may already know this but I just found this out by accident. I was
      playing around with the toolbars on my Win98 TaskBar. I added a new toolbar
      for my C: drive.

      Now if you shrink the new toolbar down to where it only shows the toolbar name
      followed by '>>' you end up with a nice cascading menu that you can use to
      quickly move around the drive, launch registered files, or use the right mouse
      on files to do other things.

      All very nice but it don't work for the 'My Documents' dir.

      The problem is the desktop.ini file sitting in that dir. No problem just
      delete it. All OK, but the file keeps coming back. Question is can you get
      rid of this file permanently.

      Thanks