Re: [NTO] Test - please ignore

  • Nancy Bernardine-Widmer
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2001
      Hi Jody,

      Thanks, but I doubt it is you. It's not just the NT groups, it is also several other lists I am on and I can see that some have responded to the NT posts
      I didn't receive (although they may have done that from the yahoo group pages).

      I think this is another wt.net fiasco. They have been reasonably ok for that last few months and I guess I got used to it. <very large grimace

      Thanks, Nancy

      Jody wrote:

      > Hi Nancy,
      >
      > >Sorry, I don't know how else to test this. My ISP tells me I am getting all
      > >messages and I can see from the eGroups (oops yahoo) that I have not received
      > >some of them that were sent on Sun, Mon and Tues, although I have received some
      > >of them that were sent on these days.
      >
      > It is probably due to the change and a bug set in. I'll see if I can release the posts if they are waiting for my approval and I did not get notified.
      >
      > Happy Topics,
      > Jody
      >
      > The NoteTab Off-Topic List
      > mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Nancy

      Nancy Bernardine-Widmer
      Bernardine Fine Art Jewelry
      http://www.bernardine.com
      nancy@...
    • Harvey R. Savage
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2001
        Nancy Bernardine-Widmer wrote:

        > Sorry, I don't know how else to test this. My ISP tells me I am getting all
        > messages and I can see from the eGroups (oops yahoo) that I have not received
        > some of them that were sent on Sun, Mon and Tues, although I have received some
        > of them that were sent on these days.
        >

        > Nancy

        Hi Nancy,

        You are not alone. Within the last week I have received 2
        batches of mail, each batch, at time of receipt, was at least 4
        days old.

        This has happened before to a lesser degree. I opine Yahoogroups
        is the culprit and maybe they'll fix it one of these days.

        hrs
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2001
          Hi Nancy,

          >Thanks, but I doubt it is you. It's not just the NT groups, it
          >is also several other lists I am on and I can see that some have
          >responded to the NT posts I didn't receive (although they may
          >have done that from the yahoo group pages).

          I did check and there were none to release on the Off-Topic list,
          but there were 5 on the Clips list. I made a change in the
          settings an hour or so ago that will prevent that, but might have
          another slight disadvantage. Overall though, it is a better
          setting to use. I am purposely avoiding telling what the setting
          is. <g> I'll let anybody know if they write me in private eMail
          if you are wondering about my discreteness.

          Harvey wrote:
          > You are not alone. Within the last week I have received 2
          > batches of mail, each batch, at time of receipt, was at least 4
          > days old.
          >
          > This has happened before to a lesser degree. I opine
          > Yahoogroups is the culprit and maybe they'll fix it one of
          > these days.

          It is a two part'r I believe that starts off with a bug in
          something yahoo changed and the way I had the settings set.
          Then, I may have goofed, but the reason why you got the batches
          was because Cindy found the posts not released and released them.
          They should have been released by me when I got the message about
          it under normal circumstances, but it is broke and I did not get
          the notification after the first post by the certain poster.

          Anyway, I changed a setting, so...