Test - please ignore

  • Nancy Bernardine-Widmer
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2001
      Sorry, I don't know how else to test this. My ISP tells me I am getting all
      messages and I can see from the eGroups (oops yahoo) that I have not received
      some of them that were sent on Sun, Mon and Tues, although I have received some
      of them that were sent on these days.

      Their mail server went down late Fri and they tell me there were over 400,000
      emails that they are still trying to get distributed. And, that they are
      distributing them based on email size. Anything over 1KB may still not be
      distributed since they are doing this by email size. Something seems
      inaccurate in their response and I just wanted to see how long this one will
      take to show up.

      Unfortunately there are reasons I need to stay with these people ......

      Aaaarrrgh! If anyone does read this despite the "please ignore" warning and
      you have any suggestions where I can learn more about mail server problems I
      would appreciate *any* suggestions.

      Nancy
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2001
        Hi Nancy,

        >Sorry, I don't know how else to test this. My ISP tells me I am getting all
        >messages and I can see from the eGroups (oops yahoo) that I have not received
        >some of them that were sent on Sun, Mon and Tues, although I have received some
        >of them that were sent on these days.

        It is probably due to the change and a bug set in. I'll see if I can release the posts if they are waiting for my approval and I did not get notified.

      • Nancy Bernardine-Widmer
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2001
          Hi Jody,

          Thanks, but I doubt it is you. It's not just the NT groups, it is also several other lists I am on and I can see that some have responded to the NT posts
          I didn't receive (although they may have done that from the yahoo group pages).

          I think this is another wt.net fiasco. They have been reasonably ok for that last few months and I guess I got used to it. <very large grimace

          Thanks, Nancy

          Jody wrote:

          > Hi Nancy,
          >
          > >Sorry, I don't know how else to test this. My ISP tells me I am getting all
          > >messages and I can see from the eGroups (oops yahoo) that I have not received
          > >some of them that were sent on Sun, Mon and Tues, although I have received some
          > >of them that were sent on these days.
          >
          > It is probably due to the change and a bug set in. I'll see if I can release the posts if they are waiting for my approval and I did not get notified.
          >
          > Happy Topics,
          > Jody
          >
          > The NoteTab Off-Topic List
          > mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Nancy

          Nancy Bernardine-Widmer
          Bernardine Fine Art Jewelry
          http://www.bernardine.com
          nancy@...
        • Harvey R. Savage
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2001
            Nancy Bernardine-Widmer wrote:

            > Sorry, I don't know how else to test this. My ISP tells me I am getting all
            > messages and I can see from the eGroups (oops yahoo) that I have not received
            > some of them that were sent on Sun, Mon and Tues, although I have received some
            > of them that were sent on these days.
            >

            > Nancy

            Hi Nancy,

            You are not alone. Within the last week I have received 2
            batches of mail, each batch, at time of receipt, was at least 4
            days old.

            This has happened before to a lesser degree. I opine Yahoogroups
            is the culprit and maybe they'll fix it one of these days.

            hrs
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 6, 2001
              Hi Nancy,

              >Thanks, but I doubt it is you. It's not just the NT groups, it
              >is also several other lists I am on and I can see that some have
              >responded to the NT posts I didn't receive (although they may
              >have done that from the yahoo group pages).

              I did check and there were none to release on the Off-Topic list,
              but there were 5 on the Clips list. I made a change in the
              settings an hour or so ago that will prevent that, but might have
              another slight disadvantage. Overall though, it is a better
              setting to use. I am purposely avoiding telling what the setting
              is. <g> I'll let anybody know if they write me in private eMail
              if you are wondering about my discreteness.

              Harvey wrote:
              > You are not alone. Within the last week I have received 2
              > batches of mail, each batch, at time of receipt, was at least 4
              > days old.
              >
              > This has happened before to a lesser degree. I opine
              > Yahoogroups is the culprit and maybe they'll fix it one of
              > these days.

              It is a two part'r I believe that starts off with a bug in
              something yahoo changed and the way I had the settings set.
              Then, I may have goofed, but the reason why you got the batches
              was because Cindy found the posts not released and released them.
              They should have been released by me when I got the message about
              it under normal circumstances, but it is broke and I did not get
              the notification after the first post by the certain poster.

              Anyway, I changed a setting, so...