Re: Aaarghhh!

  • yoyazoo@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 6 7:00 AM
      Hi Lotta,

      > Am I the only one who finds the page amusing?

      Actually I found it funny also ...

      Favorite guest book quote:

      From: Puss <puss@...> Date:
      Tue, 19 Dec 2000
      Extremely funny!! I did the same thing to my
      cat except I used a full size house! What a dummy I was!

      Dear Puss,
      Surely you jest, where could you possibly
      have obtained such a large kitten? Thank you for your letter
      anyway.
    • ceh
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 6 8:01 AM
        Lotta wrote:
        > Me thinks the author has read some H.G . Wells. Specifically (I may
        > remember the original title wrong) "The First Men In The Moon". Mildly
        > paraphrasing what we humans do to ourselves and our fellow species
        perhaps.
        > Am I the only one who finds the page amusing? I've ordered two black &
        > white moulded in "antagonistic animal shapes".

        Either that one or "The Island of Dr. Morrue". And no, you're not the only
        one. Some of the stuff on there was rather amusing.

        Emmett
      • Marco Bernardini
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 6 9:26 AM

          Alle 10.01 Tuesday 06/02/2001 -0600, ceh ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:

          >Either that one or "The Island of Dr. Morrue".

          It was "Dr. Moreau". Nice story!
          Free online at
          http://www139.pair.com/read/H_G_Herbert_George_Wells/The_Island_of_Doctor_Moreau/index.html

          The problem is there is always somebody curious to practice what he find on
          the Net: some months ago 2 boys were killed, here in Italy, trying to make
          explosives. Good candidates for Darwin Award...

          Bye!

          Marco Bernardini
        • ceh
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 7 7:53 AM
            Marco wrote:
            > It was "Dr. Moreau". Nice story!

            Moreau, that was it. I knew the spelling didn't look right, thanks.

            Emmett