Re: [NTO] Aaarghhh!

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 6, 2001
      Hi,

      Me thinks the author has read some H.G . Wells. Specifically (I may
      remember the original title wrong) "The First Men In The Moon". Mildly
      paraphrasing what we humans do to ourselves and our fellow species perhaps.
      Am I the only one who finds the page amusing? I've ordered two black &
      white moulded in "antagonistic animal shapes".

      Lotta & Smirre
      (Smirre is a normally shaped black & white cat)

    • yoyazoo@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 6, 2001
        Hi Lotta,

        > Am I the only one who finds the page amusing?

        Actually I found it funny also ...

        Favorite guest book quote:

        From: Puss <puss@...> Date:
        Tue, 19 Dec 2000
        Extremely funny!! I did the same thing to my
        cat except I used a full size house! What a dummy I was!

        Dear Puss,
        Surely you jest, where could you possibly
        have obtained such a large kitten? Thank you for your letter
        anyway.
      • ceh
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 6, 2001
          Lotta wrote:
          > Me thinks the author has read some H.G . Wells. Specifically (I may
          > remember the original title wrong) "The First Men In The Moon". Mildly
          > paraphrasing what we humans do to ourselves and our fellow species
          perhaps.
          > Am I the only one who finds the page amusing? I've ordered two black &
          > white moulded in "antagonistic animal shapes".

          Either that one or "The Island of Dr. Morrue". And no, you're not the only
          one. Some of the stuff on there was rather amusing.

          Emmett
        • Marco Bernardini
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 6, 2001

            Alle 10.01 Tuesday 06/02/2001 -0600, ceh ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:

            >Either that one or "The Island of Dr. Morrue".

            It was "Dr. Moreau". Nice story!
            Free online at
            http://www139.pair.com/read/H_G_Herbert_George_Wells/The_Island_of_Doctor_Moreau/index.html

            The problem is there is always somebody curious to practice what he find on
            the Net: some months ago 2 boys were killed, here in Italy, trying to make
            explosives. Good candidates for Darwin Award...

            Bye!

            Marco Bernardini
          • ceh
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 7, 2001
              Marco wrote:
              > It was "Dr. Moreau". Nice story!

              Moreau, that was it. I knew the spelling didn't look right, thanks.

              Emmett