Re: [NTO] Babylon Revisited: What Are We Really Saying?

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2001

      Alle 00.28 Monday 05/02/2001 +0000, thefrank ha mandato a Marco questo
      messaggio:

      >http://www.alis.com:5050/cgi-bin/tempdemo.pl

      I try to translate "rami secchi" (dead branches): it wrote "coppers buckets"...
      Well, it's a hard thing to translate, because "rami" is the Italian plural
      for both "ramo" (branch) and "rame" (copper), but almost never used in
      Italian for "coppers", and "secchi" match "secco" (dry, or dead) and
      "secchio" (bucket).
      As usual there is a lot of words that can't be translated correctly out of
      their contest, but if I speak of copper buckets on my pruning page it
      becomes as famous as the Larry Bird page when translated in Italian!

      Bye!

      Marco Bernardini