Re: [NTB] cannot save files

  • beret by way of Jody
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2001
      Jody,
      > I set up an update page for you. There are notes on the page:
      > http://www.notetab.net/html/win95.htm

      Some of the links are dead:

      -KERNEL32 Update
      -Win95 OLE32 Update
      -System Updates

      cannot find a kernel update via microsoft-windows' main update page
      either.

      bert.
    • beret by way of Jody
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2001
        To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
        From: beret <beret@...>
        Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 17:32:38 +0100
        Subject: Re: [NTB] cannot save files

        Jody wrote:

        > I set up an update page for you. There are notes on the page:
        > http://www.notetab.net/html/win95.htm

        The ghost is back in the bottle, for a while ;-).
        installing DCOM95 did it :-).
        After saving some 50 file under various conditions today I think I can
        make this statement without the need of knocking on wood.

        Perhaps a recent re-install of a prety old version of Norton Systemworkd
        has been causing the problem. Found a much older version of DCOM95
        somehwere in nortons' program-directories. Some DLL's must hav gone out
        of sync.
        Next time I know what suspucious things are to look at.

        My personal notetab-supportpage is in my personal archives, so you may
        delete it as far as I'm concerned.

        Jody Thanks again,
        And as soon as I can find Notetab Pro on the shelf of some computerstore
        in this village called the Netherlands, I will very seriously consider
        bying it.:-)

        > Happy NoteTab'n,

        for once, "yes indeed".

        bert.